Mighty Mini P-51B mustang

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
So I love the P-51D but I love the P-51B a whole lot more and after a quick search that ended up fruitless I decided to try a design one, it is essentially FT's P-51 with reconfigured canopy and posterboard pieces I still have to hook up all the servos and make the canopy a bit better and then I'll release plans and finish up the D.520 I was working on. Here are some pics

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
So I fixed up the canopy a little bit by making the front wider
a.jpg

As you can see from a side perspective the shape has not changed
b.jpg

I also have a stripped servo playing the part of a machine gun ( I'll have a video of it by Monday)
c.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
How many projects you got in the fire at this point Gryf? You are like the Energizer Builder Bunny of Flite Test recently. Another clean looking build. Good luck on the maiden when it happens.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
How many projects you got in the fire at this point Gryf? You are like the Energizer Builder Bunny of Flite Test recently. Another clean looking build. Good luck on the maiden when it happens.

Really just this one and the D.520 the XF5F is postponed until JimCR120 catches up, and I'm going to take another swing at the F-9 when it gets closer to FFS.....if FT does another one.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Keep it up bud you have progressed a LOT in the short time I been following what you do here. Looking forward to some amazing models down the road from your "shop"

DMC RC

DMC RC
Awesome work, I might try to put some sort of micro bomb release on the bottom and build an A-36 with your early Mustang razorback top.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Great looking mustang! I'm working on an FT mini right now as well. Looking forward to flying it.

P-loco85

Hey Grif,

Can go into detail how you did the stripped servo as a machine gun?

so nice, im really impressed by your builds, for such a young kid, you got alot going for yourself, your parents must be so proud.

Loco

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
OH, MY GOSH!!!!
I totally forgot about this thread until P-loco85 posted I need to finish this up, I forgot why I stopped, the plane flew so well:unsure:

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hey Grif,

Can go into detail how you did the stripped servo as a machine gun?

so nice, im really impressed by your builds, for such a young kid, you got alot going for yourself, your parents must be so proud.

Loco
I honestly don't remember what I did exactly to strip the servo, It was either crashed or flown to hard...

But it when I tried to turn it one direction through the radio it made a "clicking" noise similar to a machine gun (the other direction would work regularly), so I made it so the stripped servo would turn the control arm into plastic gift card material.
Untitled-4.jpg

The black is the control arm, the green is the gift card, and the red arrow is the direction it gets turned.

And my parents are EXTREMELY proud!!