Mini Telemaster Kit-Bashing

Turbojoe

Elite member
Boy, you really ruined me on this Mini Telemaster! I'm spending way more time than I should on insignificant little things that nobody will ever notice. She could have flown days ago. Now it'll be a few more days before I'm satisfied. Besides it's way to bloody hot to fly anyway unless I head out at 5:00 am to beat the sun.

I brought the built Telemaster 40 wing into the build room a week and a half ago as inspiration. Aside from the balsa yellowing from age it really needs nothing other than covering. It's fully hinged and all servos and linkage are installed. I may pull out the flat hinges, fill the slots and drill for Robart Hinge points though. It has been around 40 years (1980) since I flew my original Telemaster 40. As soon as the mini is done I'll get started covering the big one. I was going to copy the mini because it's close to my original TM 40 but I don't think so now. I'm still working my feeble brain on a new covering scheme.

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
We really are dirty rotten enablers around here! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is something up with the flat hinges in the Tele 40?

No problems at all with the flats. I'm just kicking myself for not using the stronger/cleaner Robarts when I built the wing so many years ago. I've had a 50 pack of 3/16" hinge points forever. No reason for this oversight other than old age...... :confused:

Joe