Motor Issue (Please help)

teddydbest

I'm having trouble with a 2280KV Emax motor I got from Power Pack A. It was working fine when I first tested it. After I mounted it on my build, the motor began twitching when I throttled up so I took it off and tested it again. It would fire up sometimes, but other times would just twitch. I figured it may have been the solder joint on the bullet connectors but I checked and they were all fine. Not sure what is up with it, so I went ahead and ordered an Emax RS2205 which is the motor in power pack F, but I would love to figure out whats up with the motor I have.

Any thoughts?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Check the length of your mounting bolts and the thickness of your firewall. It is possible the bolts are too long and contacted/scraped the motor windings, causing that sort of behavior.

teddydbest

I'm worried you may be right, I used the smallest screws provided for the motor but my firewall thickness is pretty thin. I'm assuming if that is the case then the motor is unsalvageable. It is interesting that it sill fires up fine sometimes. must've messed up the timing.

Last edited:

Pigfarm1403

Builder
Similar issue

I had a somewhat similar issue with a few of my b-pack motors. They would start to twitch sometimes at random. To fix this I had to manually start spinning the motor while it was twitching, almost like a gas motor.

Mr_Pickles

Huh, I have the exact same issue as Pigfarm on my little hobbyzone champ. Haven't even taken it apart to look at it since it's an rtf, but I hope someone has an idea to fix it.

Imzzaudae

Set the throttle trim all the way down.
Power up with the throttle stick at full throttle position, The esc will beep. Then pull the throttle back to off position.
The esc will beep. This calibrates the esc high / low throttle positions.

If it's ok, the motor will run properly after you do this.
Remember. If the esc sees throttle at initialization it's safety stops spool up.
You must re initialize with zero throttle.

Last edited:

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Also, if its stuttering upon giving it throttle, it may just be a bad connection between the bullet connectors. If one is loose, all you'll get is twitching.

teddydbest

Set the throttle trim all the way down.
Power up with the throttle stick at full throttle position, The esc will beep. Then pull the throttle back to off position.
The esc will beep. This calibrates the esc high / low throttle positions.

If it's ok, the motor will run properly after you do this.
Remember. If the esc sees throttle at initialization it's safety stops spool up.
You must re initialize with zero throttle.

thank you! I will try this.