Motors don't arm or spin up.

Damoflies

Hey Guys,
just a quick question about my ft210. So I have it all set up properly according to the video and the motors wont spin up in betaflight and they wont arm with a switch on my transmitter. I know the soldiering is correct because one of my friends did it for me and he is a really good solderer. I know that my motors and esc are working because if i plug them directly into the receiver they all fire up right away. Also I know my receiver is connecting to my transmitter because I get a solid orange light on the rx. The flight controller is a naze32 rev6 Tx is a spectrum Dx8. All the electronics are from the FT 'Better' Pack. I would be grateful for any help that is offered on this problem.
Happy flying.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hi Damoflies, welcome to the forum! You say the RX is bound because the light is solid orange, but did you set up the RX in betaflight? Can you see the channels move in the receiver tab?

Damoflies

yeah everything is moving in the rx tab on betaflight. also min max for throttle is 1000/2000

Last edited:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Have you tried arming with the sticks and not the switch? How did you set up switch arming in the modes tab. Can you see the cursor move in to the region you set as active when you flip the switch?

Damoflies

yeah the switch moves in the modes tab on beta flight and turns green when its meant to be armed. also i noticed that when i have a battery plugged in the battery voltage dose not show up on betaflight. could this be contributing to this?

Jason of Gaming

Gravity is heartless...
I don't think my voltage appears when I plug in my falcon 250, so probably not. Is your FC upside-down? I don't think FCs normally arm when they are upside-down and if they do your quad flips on takeoff i think. I have a Naze32 as well.

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
yeah the switch moves in the modes tab on beta flight and turns green when its meant to be armed. also i noticed that when i have a battery plugged in the battery voltage dose not show up on betaflight. could this be contributing to this?

Definitely not contributing. To get the voltage to the FC you have to run wires from the battery direct to the VBAT pins/pads on the FC.

What happens if you try to run the motors up in the motors tab in Betaflight? (remember props off :))