Multiple mishaps with the Ft Explorer

Speedeo

I had the chance to maiden my Explorer a few days ago, and it was interesting to say the least.

First attempt- not enough throw or throttle

2nd attempt- reversed ailerons. It always pays to double check.

3rd attempt- Loose prop nut

And last but not least- 4th attempt, partial success.

Until I hit a tree of course. Got it down though, with some washers and rope.. All in all, the Explorer was very fun and relaxing to fly for the minute I had it up.

mactek

From the video and the way the plane was flying it looks like it may of been a little tail heavy. You should check your CG again. Other than that it looked great and most of all you were having fun. One other thing i would point out try tossing your plane with your left arm. Throttle up with your lips and then you have immediate control of the plane with your right hand after the toss.

Speedeo

Thanks for the advice! I never thought about a left hand launch, I will try that next time. I had to add a lot of weight in the nose to get it to balance right, so I may need a bit more. It didn't feel tail heavy in the air, and I checked the balance multiple times. I think I was just pulling back too hard.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
I am right handed and I launch with my left hand
one thing that helps is using my throttle cut so I can throttle up but it won't run then when ready to launch I just flip the switch with my right hand and launch and don't have to get a prop near my face.