Music, where do you get it?

FPV Werner

Music, where do YOU get your?

I'm looking for music for some FPV youtube videos, but can't find good and legal/ non copyrighted music. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

AeroMaestro

Try Jamendo.com
You'll have to sift through piles and piles of garbage, but there's lots of good, royalty free music there.

I also sometimes use FreeMusicArchive.org.

HypqerQubix

I buy mine from http://www.audionetwork.com . Much of their music are high quality and often used in documentaries and such on television.
While it's not completely free, usage for your own non-commercial productions (which can be posted on youtube etc) are quite cheap at USD $1.35.

mnrcflyer

Depends on what you are using it for

If you are not trying to monetize you can actually use copyrighted music - you just don't get any of the ad revenue. I've posted over a dozen videos now set to music with no issues whatsoever. Youtube has a deal with the record labels - basically they get a piece of the ad revenue and also Youtube puts a little button at the bottom of the page which lets you do a one-click download of the music but you don't need to do that to be able to view the video.

Here is the latest one I posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UWZaogbvtk&list=UUUAkmtRqftGVjbYJmmYJ5Uw

There are a bunch more on my Youtube channel page MNRCFlyer

ph37rd

Music - A little late to the party

I'm looking for music for some FPV youtube videos, but can't find good and legal/ non copyrighted music. Any suggestions?

This reply is a little late to the party, but may help others.

Royalty-free doesn't mean cost free... There are alternatives out there though...

Scott Buckley is in Australia and creates high quality cost-free and royalty-free music for video games, movies/shorts, etc as a hobby...
www.scottbuckley.com.au

Another alternative that I have used is ChordBot on my smartphone. I know nothing about music, but was able to compose a long enough piece to use as background music in a documentary I made about the history of my hometown. I simply found chord progressions on multiple websites and pieced them together using ChordBot... The app is intelligent enough to make it transition from one grouping to another and allows for looping... I ended up with almost two minutes of music and just allowed it to loop to fill in between narration.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Every computer with a sound card has midi.. tons of free midi software out there you can use to make your own. Its fun messing around with all the neat things you can do with multi track recording. You don't even have to be muscly inclined to use it. Think of all the crappy music vids there are as well as all them hacked up mashups people think are cool.