NanoPhan - Thrust Vectoring Nano Single Copter

VAALLEON

Welcome to proto typing 101. :p

Nicely done mate I see battle ball in the near future. At the very least being able to hit smaller gaps with FPV since there are no props sticking out the sides to strike on everything haha.

haha! The funny is that at the time you first bought up this battle ball idea, my intention was to use foam or something to build the sphere, which would not really stand any serious impacts. But it turned out that you were right:) Any psychics in the family? lol! Now this new structure inspired me for a series of some really weird new stuff...

Outdoors maiden: I gotta admit a little hard to handle. You need to be on the controls every second. But the fact that it can handle outdoors is amazing. I felt like I can fly it much faster then I did...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJKPztzSP3k

VAALLEON

An experimental thrust vectoring mechanism. I couldn’t have left let that carbon fiber exo-frame go to waste without trying something like this.

I have no idea if I can get it to fly but looks pretty cool and fully functional.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey!!! I was just cruising thru some older subs on you tube I forgot about. Bo Lorentzen was one of my first subs. I just was going back thru to see how much of his stuff I missed and came across this...

Did you ever toss that interview in any of the threads for the mono project and I missed it? If not well here it is for everyone to see. high res video makes this project even more impressive mate. Someone actually interviewed you. Your FAYMOOSE!!!

VAALLEON

Hey!!! I was just cruising thru some older subs on you tube I forgot about. Bo Lorentzen was one of my first subs. I just was going back thru to see how much of his stuff I missed and came across this...

Did you ever toss that interview in any of the threads for the mono project and I missed it? If not well here it is for everyone to see. high res video makes this project even more impressive mate. Someone actually interviewed you. Your FAYMOOSE!!!

Dude. I just saw your post... There is a problem with Flitetest thread subscriptions, many times I dont get an email!!! Yeah, Bo is awesome, we did that video in 2017:)

Here is the new Nano:

Only 120G:) And this is a windy day & still flies like hell. Extremely fun to fly!!! The scaled version of the new 64MM Mono didn't do the job 100%. Had to tweak the design. Dialed in pretty good now...

VAALLEON

This is the first test with a new 30mm fan. Good performance. The flight time is about 3min with these old batteries. I need to lighten it a little more with reducing some wiring and new batteries.

VAALLEON

My favorite unit ever. Small, agile, sounds awesome, surprisingly fast and a little hard to fly, testing your skills, and it doesn't easily break:) Dying to put a cam on but waiting for my lighter batteries that I ordered. If they perform like these nanotechs do, I will have lots of fun:)