• Welcome to the new Flite Test Forum home! Please note that the migration is still undergoing and certain content, user privileges or features may be missing or limited until the transition is complete. Thank you!

NEED HELP!!! I am building my first foam plane from scratch

Hey i'm building a foam plane from some 2 inch insulation foam from a previous project. My plane is going to be based off of a Cessna and i have the body and wing design, but i need help finding inexpensive but quality motors, servos, ESC's, props, battery, and landing gear
Help will be much appreciated!!!!!!!:D

You can get really cheap gear on Banggood, HobbyKing, Amazon, etc... I have had good results with all of them. The Flite Test power packs are really cool because they are complete and come with tools and a LiPo bag.

whats the dimensions of theplane and how much do you think it will weigh? for servos I would recomend Emax but I need to know more fore the motor

The plane will be 2 feet long with a width of 5 or 6 inches and where the wing attaches It will be 5 inches tall and the nose will be 4 inches tall with a wing span of 2 feet 10 inches and i am still working on drawing the tail of the plane.