New balsa kits

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums! :applause:

I too am a big fan of the 'crunchies' - foamies can be a lot of fun, but balsa brings the most joy to my smile.

So for new kits, it sort of depends on what you consider 'old'. I have started a list of kit manufacturers that I know, trust, and are still shipping stuff over here http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?35042-Balsa-Kit-Manufacturers

Wilsonman has been having what I would consider unusually good luck with his Hobby King Spacewalker kit too - it's many steps above the quality I experienced with older HK balsa kits.

So what do you like to build? What's in the hanger, and next on the bench?

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hello MKolm1911.
I saw on your About ME tab you build and fly with your father. Of all things I do RC, I thoroughly enjoyed flying with friends but must say it is those I've done with my son that have been the most significant to me.

What have you done? What are you working on? Do you and you dad each have planes and fly together or take turns with one?

Welcome to the forum.
—Jim

MKolm1911

Balsa/Nitro= the best
Hello Jim my father has been in this hobby for 41 years and I’ve been in the hobby for 8 years. In this time we have over 100 airplanes. A lot of them are scratch built nothing like flying something you built. The style we both like is sport all though we have a couple pattern ships. We have are on flying field as well which is convenient for broken props or whatever the case maybe.

earthsciteach

Alliance Ohio! Nice area. :D Do you attend the Thursday evening flying get-togethers (in the summer) on Jim Bixler's farm?

epiper93

Welcome to the flite test community kid. Hope you post some pictures of your new projects on here. looking forward to seeing them

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
You might want to check out http://patscustom-models.com/

New kits are getting added all the time and Pat is a great designer. Kits are pretty varied in price too. Huge long term projects, and smaller weekend kits are both available. I may try building Pat's Cessna 152 at some point.

MKolm1911

Balsa/Nitro= the best
SIG Astro Hog

E841E144-31D0-4400-8F97-C49FEE858555.jpeg Just retired this old girl SIG Astro Hog my very first airplane. I am definitely going to build another one. This one has done 8 Years of service the very best of a true sport plane.

epiper93

Nice! even has a 4 - Stroke in it. Great looking bird. I'd Be lucky to get 8 months out of one of my planes let alone 8 years