New Combat Type for FF2016?

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
Hey guys!

After the combats this year, I've been designing a combat- specific plane for FF2016.

I've made this design with the intention of having onboard munitions and ways of taking down other aircraft other than full- contact.

So I want to suggest a new combat class for FF2016; the FCOWAC- Full Contact and Onboard Weapons Aerial Combat. I think it would be cool to have combat where innovation plays a bigger role than just piloting skill. Onboard weapons might be nylon string to tangle an opponent's prop, droppable weapons to impede your opponent such as parachutes and streamers, and whatever else you might come up with.

Live- fire weapons like airsoft guns or firework missiles would be a no- no.

Would anybody be interested in this?

mrwhiskers

Ludicrous speed, GO!
sounds like a good idea, similar to the drone battles they did at maker faire. this time the builders and engineers could finally show their strongpoints. I'm all for this at ff2016

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I don't see why any of these wouldn't be fair game in any regular combat -- kinda surprised no one has tried a Kevlar/spectra thread streamer to catch others airframes, attached to a release (nylon will probably get sliced by a sharp prop like butter, although Kevlar cuts almost as easily).

You'll still need pilot skill to maneuver the other planes into your trap, but innovation in airframe reinforcement and breakage is ever-present in all combats.

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
How about two planes launched at the same time, each towing one corner of a large fishnet...with fishing sinkers hanging from the bottom corners to hold it closer to vertical.

Gryf

Sounds very interesting, Herk! Add radio jammers to your list.

It occurred to me during the heavy rain at Flite Fest this year that another type of combat could be attempted... a "Last Man Standing" event, where pilots would send their FT planes up in the rain... the winner would be the last one to roll up in a ball and fall out of the air.

Just joking, but you have to admit it might be fun. ;-)

Gryf

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Sounds very interesting, Herk! Add radio jammers to your list.

Oh they where active this year, they just weren't very selective :p

It occurred to me during the heavy rain at Flite Fest this year that another type of combat could be attempted... a "Last Man Standing" event, where pilots would send their FT planes up in the rain... the winner would be the last one to roll up in a ball and fall out of the air.

Duuuuude. Make a "rain" bow - a PVC gate that showers inward. then count the number of passes before the plane disintegrates -- the most passes wins. No waterproofing, no paper stripping!

(gimmicky and down-right dangerous, but sounds like fun :D )

BlackSheep1

now the net idea sounds interesting but it would have to pilots to time their planes at the same time. persuasion flying would have to be a must.

winner

im just going to fly my champ it worked at Flitefest 3 times ,not for me but it won 3 battles they couldn't hit it