New here

Peterju

keepin on
Hi...guess I should have posted here first but I was dying to get some info on the Stearman that came in the mail on Thursday. OK...about me. I am a 60 yr old RC nut...maybe unique, but not likely..lol I have been flying and building for the last 8 years but the last 2 have been strictly building because of a workplace injury that happened in 1999 and is coming back to haunt me. That hasn't stopped me from buying stuff off the internet though. I recently built the FT mini Fokker DR1 and the SE 5A and am waiting to get them out for some dog fighting with a fellow flier. The Bushwhacker was next and it is almost finished except for the radio set-up of the control surfaces. Now the Stearman. I also have 6 planes in my shop that need repair after a rather disasterous day of flying a couple os years ago. The only survivor was the Fun Cub and only cuz I never flew it. I still have my original Supercub LP (with a lot of mods) and cowling, wings etc. There is a Sig 1/5 scale J-3 Cub on my workbench that I may or may not finish..the jury is still out on that one..just need to be covered with the Worldtex fabric. Guess that's about it...Anyone in my area that wants to talk planes, give me a shout. Oh, by the way...if anyone wants to get up close and personal with a real B-17, there is going to be one landing at Chris Hadfield Airport in Sarnia Ontario on June 19 2017. I think it's free to see...I will be there and will take as many pics as the memory card on my camera can hold. Thanks for reading and drop me a line :cool::cool::cool:

earthsciteach

Welcome to the forum, Peterju! It sounds like you have a very nice fleet! Love the Super Cub LP. It taught me to fly rc. The Fun Cub is a fantastic airplane, too. And the FT SE5a is one of my favorite FT airplanes. Pure fun and flying pleasure!

Konrad

Posting Elsewhere
Welcome

Finish the SIG (Sanding Is Good) Cub. While I can't say I'm a fan of worldtex fabric (textured iron on film). I can say that rigid wood planes have a much nicer (well nicer) response in the air than foam.

Peterju

keepin on
Sg Cub

Hello Konrad...I am actually going to sell the Sig Cub. All of the build is complete. The control rods/wires have to be run, the covering needs to be put on and it needs a motor, esc...set up for electric. The cowling hasn't been drilled yet but it is done and I have a full set of Callie Graphics Cub decals, scale Cub wheels with hub caps. At this point in time it is just taking up needed space on my work table. I thought long and hard over the winter and it'll be sold. Too many foamies to repair and build. I had to make a choice and I feel bad ....but not that bad.

Peterju

keepin on
Hi earthsciteach

I know what you mean about the LP Cub. I have lost count of the number of times that I have rebuilt and modded it...lol It flies real nice with a 40 amp esc and a park 450..add a 2200 battery and ailerons to that and it is a rocket but a tiny bit hard to control at full speed....but fun nevertheless. As far as the mini planes go, I'm stuck in a wheelchair...for now, so I haven't had a chance to get them out yet. I have spent my time in the house building...and taking over the office and most of the kitchen much to the chagrin of my wife. But that is the only grief I get, so I can live with that...lol

Last edited: