new to flite test

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Hey Flourbluff,

welcome to the forum :).

Can you tell us a little about you and how you are involved in the hobby? Are you a "newbie" or one of us old grumpy guys? ;-)

What are you flying or what do you want to? Do you like to build yourself or are you more a ready-to-fly kind of person?

Balu

flourbluff

Guess you could call me an old grumpy guy (84). Retired from the USAF in 1973 then taught Industrial Arts in high school for 30 more years. Figured 50 years punching the time clock was enough. Retired with over 5,000 hours flying time, all single engine recip and jet. Flew T-6, T-28 A & D, T-37, F-102, 0-1,etc. Another 500 civilian in J-3, Wag Aero Cuby (J-3 Replica) Mooney Mk 20, Peitenpol Aircamper and a few others. Had medical problem a couple of years ago so have been pretty inactive. My sons ordered me the Simple Cub and have build 2 of them. Just joined the local RC club here in Bay County, FL so am new to RC. Wile teaching at the HS, I had and aviation class where the local EAA chapter sponsered us and we built an EAA Super Acrosport, A Cuby, and the Air Camper. Enjoy the building process and looking forward to learning to fly RC's. Really like Josh's videos. Easy to follow and helps this novice.

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to Flite Test fellow grumpy guy!

Sounds like you may have a story or three to tell with all that experience huh. There is another gentlemen here as well that was a test pilot you will probably have a lot in common with and become friends in a short time. You may even already know each other. RayK is the person whom i speak of and I am sure in time your paths will cross as he is recently getting into building and flying RC planes too.

johnreto

Welcome to the hobby flourbluff (y)
Seems like you have quite a history flight, very cool. Hope you have more flights to come (y).