New to heli's

Sated

Hello not sure if I should post this in this board or not but I figured you guys are the experts.

I am looking around at some heli's and I see tons of 3.5 and 4 channel options. Whats the difference?

Second my budget isnt very high and I would like a heli with swappable batteries. I have a flysky fs-i6 transmitter and would prefer using that over the cheapo tx that come with the "toys r us" helis. If there is a such heli that exists under $40 please show me the light =)!

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Hello not sure if I should post this in this board or not but I figured you guys are the experts.

I am looking around at some heli's and I see tons of 3.5 and 4 channel options. Whats the difference?

Second my budget isnt very high and I would like a heli with swappable batteries. I have a flysky fs-i6 transmitter and would prefer using that over the cheapo tx that come with the "toys r us" helis. If there is a such heli that exists under $40 please show me the light =)!

Hello, 3 channel in helis generally denotes throttle, fore/aft pitch (elevator), and yaw (rudder). 4 channel adds roll control (aileron). The .5 generally channel generally denotes something like lights. What are you looking for in the helicopter? Are you looking for an indoor coaxial helicopter, or a single rotor "conventional" layout? Do you have any experience with them, or will this be your first?

Sated

New

Yes I am new to helis. Love playing with them on video games and sims but never really flew them. The coaxial ones interest me but I dont really mind tbh. I'm looking for a one one to fly around indoors and have a few extra batteries for when I have an hour or so to fly or mess around.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Yes I am new to helis. Love playing with them on video games and sims but never really flew them. The coaxial ones interest me but I dont really mind tbh. I'm looking for a one one to fly around indoors and have a few extra batteries for when I have an hour or so to fly or mess around.

For a first heli indoors, a coaxial would be the way to go, or something with a good gyro. I don't know of any that are compatible with Flysky out of the box though, unless you have a module that does DSMX, DSM2, or FHSS protocol. Your best best is probably one of these from Blade: https://www.motionrc.com/collections/show-all-helicopters/products/blade-scout-cx-rtf. It is one of the cheapest "hobby-grade" helis on the market. Or, if you can squeeze out a few dollars more, this heli will get you a lot more performance: https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...ases/blade-helicopters/blade-70-s-rtf-blh4200. Both are completely ready to fly out of the box. Transmitter, charger, and battery included.