• Welcome to the new Flite Test Forum home! Please note that the migration is still undergoing and certain content, user privileges or features may be missing or limited until the transition is complete. Thank you!

OLD FOGEY - 620g - can it fly?

Hello everyone! I have some questions. I have an Old Fogey from 1 year ago and today I make some changes to electronics parts. So, I add a 1750kv 30a, 70 grams motor with a 9x4.7 prop, 2s 2500mah and 40a esc and 2x 9 grams servos. Now Old Fogey have 620g with everything ready to fly. Can it fly easily? And another question is what can I do with Old Fogey last electronics? They are: 1400kv, 46g, 12A motor, 20a esc and 860mah 3s battery and 4 servos 9g. And another configuration that I have is: 1100kv 8A 36g motor, 450mah 3s and 12A esc with 3 micro servos 5g. For all motors I use 9x4.7 props. In my electronica I have another motor 16g, 2200kv and 8a. Can you recommand me some models best for my configurations? And the Old Fogey can fly? Thank you
P.s. I have Turnigy I6 with 6 channels.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know!:)) I will go outside tomorrow 'cause today is too windy. But I'm really scared with this little fat plane:)) and what about all remaining electronics? What models can I made with them?������

Probably, but it doesn't sound like a great idea to me. My Fogey was good at exactly one thing - flying SLOW, in light winds. Light weight on a smallish 2S batt just seems right. Anything more than that and you are better off with a different airframe. Heavy needs to fly faster, and the Fogey seemed to fly worse the harder you pushed it IME. But you never know until you try. :cool: