Our Very Own "Field of Dreams"

globetrotter

In the movie about a baseball field, it was proven that once the place was prepared, the legends, the faithful, and the devoted would come to play.

So it is with FliteFest. The genius, inventive, entrepreneurial, thoughtful, creative and responsive FliteTest team created FliteFest. At its start, it probably was an idea tossed around about a nice little weekend event. That was so long ago, and today the fact is that many hundreds of us are prepared and preparing to travel to an unlikely new destination: Malvern, Ohio.

We are old and young, experienced pilots and newbies, fine craftsmen and duct tape warriors. We know from the sincere admonitions of the Flite Test team that we need not be afraid to step up to the flight line and crash. We need not be timid about asking the simplest of questions about our complex hobby. We are stumbling into this together, and we are collectively making memories. In fact, as we were washing the car and the camper in the driveway yesterday, every time one kid "accidentally" sprayed the other kid with the hose, the mantra was repeated in response to the squeals: "hey, it's OK, we're making memories!" Thanks, Josh and company for making that fun phrase part of our dialogue and helping us to keep a playful perspective.

My son and I are contemplating the coming days filled with hundreds of friends who we haven't yet met. We will share, we will learn, and we will do all it together, making memories. Thank you Flite Test for having the courage and stamina to build this place, this project, this platform that is bringing us together.

Our thoughts and prayers are for safe travels, new friendships, safe flying, strong batteries, avoidance of trees, powerful servos, fast thumbs, and moments that will hold fast in our memories of wonderful summer days.

See you all there.

---Globetrotter

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Very nice, globetrotter! While I am not going to have anyone with me, I am looking forward to meeting new friends at FF! Safe travels to you and everyone heading out. See you there!

Mytchak

KG5CZA
Great post and a great way to start our Journeys. May all of us make new friends and safe, fun filled weekend.

-David

Thats a fantastic post! I would like to add a quote by Bob Bitchin (that's his name!):
The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is attitude. I have a ten hour drive ahead of me tonight. Anything can happen in that many hours on the road, the 3 days of awesome, then ten hours home again. We all should have at least one story of "you know, it was AFUL when it happened, but looking back, what a riot!" That is what happens with some ordeal and a good attitude.
Making memories.

See you all there, with a smile on my face, even if I forget my controller or some other foolishness! LOL!