PIXHAWK Telem Modem Drivers HELP

Crazy Goats

Hi, Idk if this is really the right section for this but it is technically a receiver. I'm working on a RVJet, and I'm having trouble getting the telem modem (3DR clone system that plugs into your computer) to connect to the plane. I have gotten information that it is probably a driver I need (the corect COM port doesn't show up in MissionPlanner). However, I have been unable to find out exactly the one I need. Does anyone here know?

If anyone can get me an answer or any help at all I'd greatly appreciate it, Thanks!

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Been a while for me as well, but I've never had to explicitly install any specific drivers for the SIK/3DR telemetry radios. I have a feeling you may have general driver issues on your computer if you can't get MissionPlanner to see your 3DR. I happen to have a new Win10 PC where I never connected a 3DR radio before, and when I plugged one in, this is what I see in Device Manager: 3drDevDrv.PNG

So, it uses a FTDI driver... but I've had FTDI interfaces connected to this computer in the past, so it didn't have to install new drivers.

Anyhow, hope this helps.

Crazy Goats

Thanks guys. Sorry for the late response, been a bit busy.

@snarls: thanks, I'll give that a shot.

@mak: ya I think I might have a general COM problem. I will have to see if I can figure that all out.

Anyone else that sees this please feel free to add more drivers if u know of some.