Problem with frsky gremlin

josh yoder

I need a little help with my gremlin. I flew it with spektrum until the receiver died, and now I'm switching it to frsky. I'm using the qx7 transmitter and x4rs receiver. I have the rx bound to my radio, but the quad won't respond to inputs. I have the transmitter set to d16, channel range 1-16. I'm guessing my problem is with the transmitter settings but i don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. See attached picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20180422_173249.jpg
    IMG_20180422_173249.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Check to see if changing uarts solves the issue. also If I remember correctly I set mine up for D8 to get it to work but I was a nub back when I did that so it may not be a necessity. It works so I never bothered changing.

josh yoder

D8 doesn't work. If i change to a different uart the bars on the receiver status disappear.
Another question. I bought the baby hawk camera for this gremlin. It works fine but gets really hot. Is this normal?

josh yoder

Another thing i forgot to mention. The transmitter keeps saying "telemetry lost, telemetry recovered". Sometimes it will just keep repeating that for a while, then go silent for several minutes. I'm wondering if that's related to the control problem.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
How close are you keeping the tx and rx? That is common if they are too close. Also I just looked harder at your receiver tab screenie... Check and make sure the channel mapping should not be TAER as that was what my Taranis x9D defaulted to.