Quadcopter Question

Stephen1

I build the FT Versacopter 2.0 awhile ago and I'm having some trouble. I'm running emax 2250 red bottom motors on 5x4 tri blade props with 30A luminer ESCs off of a 2250 4s battery and a graupner radio. Whenever I start the motors for take off, they stutter for a moment, then start spinning normally. This in itself isn't a problem, but I've recently tried some minor aerobatics and when I cut any motors mid air, they rarely start properly, resulting in a crash. Also, sometimes the motors just cut off without warning, so I'm afraid to fly the quad too hard. Any advice to fix this is appreciated.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
What flight controller are you using? What firmware (cleanflight, betaflight, etc) do you have flashed to the flight controller?

You have a min throttle issue. It needs to be increased to a value where the motors spin. You also could likely benefit from turning on “air mode,” which give you control even at zero throttle.

Stephen1

Thanks for responding!
I'm using the graupner gr-18 receiver/control board, but I don't know much about firmware. I would assume its whatever the receiver came with. Sorry, I'm not much help in that area (I'm new to this :) ) And I'm interested in air mode if you might be able to give me any more information on that. Thanks!