Question about Spectrum Radios

dcbochmann

Will be building the FT Versa Wing with the blunt nose as my first. Just waiting for the charger and then to pick out a transmitter.

Trying to decide between the Spektrum DX6e 6-Channel DSMX Transmitter with AR610 Receiver or the Spektrum DX6 6-Channel DSMX Transmitter Gen 3 with AR6600T Receiver.

I find there really isn't much difference besides voice and diversity on the Dx6 Gen 3.

Any advice as to which one would be better?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DharanFlyer

He DC - I'm up by Plainfield/Joliet.

I'd recommend the DX6 over the DX6e for the $20 difference you get a few things you won't really need right off the start, but appreciate down the road in 6 months to a year.

Voice is a nice to have, you get more mixes on the 6, Airwave looks like a nice addition, it has more powerful software to do more things easier, and it can have a rechargeable battery versus using AA all the time.

Bricks

Master member
DX6 also has telemetry for down the road really nice to have it call out battery voltage while flying. I do not know if I could use a transmitter not having voice any more, I did not realize how much I rely on it for switch change reports. The DX6 also has the card reader so updates and model transfer are easy peasy.

Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
DX6 also has telemetry for down the road really nice to have it call out battery voltage while flying. I do not know if I could use a transmitter not having voice any more, I did not realize how much I rely on it for switch change reports. The DX6 also has the card reader so updates and model transfer are easy peasy.

That is perhaps the one feature I appreciate most on my DX6 - hearing the voice say, "30 seconds" to remind me of my battery timer left, so I know to land it. Lots of guys have said, "Oh, you can just have the timer display on the radio itself..." Ok; how often do you take your eyes off your plane to look down and check the timer??? I get nervous doing that, especially when there are other planes up in the air; I might have a midair collision, or worse, clip the 50' eucalyptus tree right next to the pilot's box and get my plane stuck like Charlie Brown's kite...

The wireless trainer feature is also nice for learning how to fly, which is available in the DX6; I haven't set it up myself yet, but I have used a radio wirelessly to fly, so I know what it's like. :)