quick question

Planecrasher

Hi, i am working on a project. It is a drone with rocket pods. It is just in the early stages but it is moving forward. I need to know the speed of a tiny trainer, then a can calculate the lift of my aircraft. The speed will be roughly the same. So how fast is a tiny trainer, 20, 30, 40 mph?

Thanks for taking notice.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
You can calculate the max potential speed of a plane by looking at the prop, motor, and battery combination - the prop pitch is the number of inches it will theoretically move forward in one revolution, the kV of the motor is the number of revolutions per minute per volt, and the battery voltage used drives it all. Of course this is just the theoretical prop speed - not accounting for drag of the airframe, climb/dive gravity effects, etc. I'm pretty sure I've had my Tiny Trainer flying at all of the speeds you mention over the years depending on what prop and battery I had installed at the time, some of which were above what FliteTest recommends for the power pack.

So how does the speed of the Tiny Trainer figure into your project? Are you using the Tiny Trainer airframe as a base?

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I think I have had parts of my Tiny Trainer up to 30mph but probably not the whole thing at once. ;)

Planecrasher

Thank you,
The problem is that i just took the electronics from a dead plane that i got from a friend. I am more into building and he is more into flying. He sed that it was a high kv inrunner. I have tried to look witch motor it is by the ESC an prop. It is probably around 2000-2500 kv. Yes, i am using the tiny trainers airframe with some modifications. Thank you for the "manual" to calculate
it.