Safe Lipo settings for the Dji Naza Lite?

Ddm5

I've been looking around a lot for information regarding a safe low voltage protection for the Lipo, currently I'm using 10.6 as my total pack voltage and my quad will slowly land when it reaches said voltage but I'm unsure of whether or not I should increase this. Any advice?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
A lot of people have their alarms set to 3.7v per cell (11.1v) for 3s. Depending on the load on your battery you may want to set it lower. I have an alarm that connects to the balance plug and goes off at 3.5v/cell, but once I land and there's no load on the battery the voltage rises to 3.7v/cell. Basically I just try to have a battery at 3.7v/cell when I'm done with it.

Ddm5

A lot of people have their alarms set to 3.7v per cell (11.1v) for 3s. Depending on the load on your battery you may want to set it lower. I have an alarm that connects to the balance plug and goes off at 3.5v/cell, but once I land and there's no load on the battery the voltage rises to 3.7v/cell. Basically I just try to have a battery at 3.7v/cell when I'm done with it.

Hrmm, I may change it to 11.1 as I am charging them to 12.6 when I normally charge. Basically I'm running this:

SunnySky 980KV Motors
10.45 Props
Turnigy Nano-tech 2200 3S.

Ddm5

I would start with 11v, land immediately and check the resting voltage. Adjust accordingly to get it close to 11.1

I took it out in the street and punched it around a bit, used the GPS hold and hovered for a while, flew around and when I came to land the resting voltage was 11.4V, It's currently set at 11.1 and 11.0 in the assistant, I guess I'll have to drop it a little further.

RichB

Lipos take damage below 3.0v per cell and above 4.4v per cell.

4.2 to 3.2 is the recommended usable range. 3.7 is the nominal voltage because that's right in between. 3.7 is also storage voltage because that's where the chemistry is the most stable.

If you are always landing when you reach nominal voltage (11.1v for 3s) then you are damaging your battery by always keeping it above 50% charged, and you are unnecessarily limiting your flight time.

Alarm at 3.3V and land before you hit 3.0v

Ddm5

Lipos take damage below 3.0v per cell and above 4.4v per cell.

4.2 to 3.2 is the recommended usable range. 3.7 is the nominal voltage because that's right in between. 3.7 is also storage voltage because that's where the chemistry is the most stable.

If you are always landing when you reach nominal voltage (11.1v for 3s) then you are damaging your battery by always keeping it above 50% charged, and you are unnecessarily limiting your flight time.

Alarm at 3.3V and land before you hit 3.0v

I may go back to my other settings which was 10.6, seemed to work nicely and it provided me with plenty of flight time.

This is my first time with hobby grade Lipo's so I'm really unsure. 3.3 seems to be what people recommend but I think I'll settle around the 10.5 - 10.8.