Seagull 40 Glow

Flying Fox

This is my Seagull 40 Glow engine. It is 4 channels: Throttle, Elevator, Rudder and Ailerons.
It has a wingspan of 63.5 ins or 161 cm.
Wing area: 659 sq ins.
Approximate flying weight: 5-6 lbs or 2.3-2.7 kg.
Recommended Radio: 4 channel minimum.
Flying Skill level: Beginner.

I was thinking of taking the electronics and all the good stuff out of this plane and then selling the airframe and getting what I could for it.

By looking at the photos included in the thread could anyone please recommend any prices that i should advertise this for.

There is a fair few breaks in the monokote and there is one break in the fuselage but i did repair the monokote with sticky tape. If you did want to make it look really good again you would just need a bit of monokote. The fuselage I did repair with glue and a bit of balsa in the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_4701.JPG
    IMG_4701.JPG
    957.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4700.JPG
    IMG_4700.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4699.JPG
    IMG_4699.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4698.JPG
    IMG_4698.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4697.JPG
    IMG_4697.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4696.JPG
    IMG_4696.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Not to disappoint, but I have gotten a couple .40 size trainers in better shape than that one for free. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE glow planes, but in general, in the RC hobby, the popularity of .40 size glow powered trainers is really waning. The engine is probably worth $40 or so, I'd check prices for similar engines on the RCG classifieds. I have bought a couple of aerobatic glow planes, a SIG Fazer, and a Funtana 40 for $75 and they included engine and servos, and only needed receivers and batteries to be air worthy. If you are getting rid of the airframe alone, I wouldn't go over $20 asking price, but that's just me. Were it me, I'd find someone to give the airframe to, or just fly it until it's expiration date, constantly trying stupid airplane tricks with it.

Flying Fox

Not to disappoint, but I have gotten a couple .40 size trainers in better shape than that one for free. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE glow planes, but in general, in the RC hobby, the popularity of .40 size glow powered trainers is really waning. The engine is probably worth $40 or so, I'd check prices for similar engines on the RCG classifieds. I have bought a couple of aerobatic glow planes, a SIG Fazer, and a Funtana 40 for $75 and they included engine and servos, and only needed receivers and batteries to be air worthy. If you are getting rid of the airframe alone, I wouldn't go over $20 asking price, but that's just me. Were it me, I'd find someone to give the airframe to, or just fly it until it's expiration date, constantly trying stupid airplane tricks with it.

Thanks i really appreciate it :)