Show off your HZ Super Cub!

Bambam

List of upgrades to make mine like yours...

Isn't it awesome power :D With the 480, I can hover it with the floats on. It takes off the water in less than three feet now. Unlimited vertical with floats on even. Plus with a 2200 battery I can fly for what seems like forever. Talk about speed, it literally goes so fast that it rips the foam tail apart. Best mod I ever did. Went from being bored with it to now it's one of my favorite planes again.

Ak Flyer: I'm in awe of your plane. I have a completely stock one with some fuselage repair, but I've encountered the "shuts off past half throttle" problem, and bought new stock batteries and even replaced the motor with a new stock one, with no results; still shuts off past half throttle. So doing research, I have across this post and saw your video and I'd like to upgrade my setup to mimic yours. I have the cheap style controller with the long antenna. Could you be so kind as to list what you used and where you sourced it from? My 11 yr old and I are newbies to this. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Bambam,
First thing you may want to do is contact Hobby Zone's technical support to see if they have any suggestions for the problem. They have some of the best support in the business and may be able to solve the problem.

If you want to upgrade the motor as others have done, you'll need to replace a number of items. The stock receiver and brushed speed control would be replaced with separate receiver and brushless speed control. The brushed motor would be replaced with a brushless motor. You'll need to buy or fabricate a new motor mount as well, plus figure out how you want to get all the new wires run.

None of that is incredibly hard, but if you haven't done it before it will certainly be a task, but also a good learning experience.

On a different note, be careful with how much tape (weight) you add to the rear of the plane. Pushing the Center of Gravity back is sure to make the plane fly poorly, or even un-flyable. The Super Cub is pretty forgiving, but every plane has it's limit.

Bambam

Thanks!

Bambam,
First thing you may want to do is contact Hobby Zone's technical support to see if they have any suggestions for the problem. They have some of the best support in the business and may be able to solve the problem.

If you want to upgrade the motor as others have done, you'll need to replace a number of items. The stock receiver and brushed speed control would be replaced with separate receiver and brushless speed control. The brushed motor would be replaced with a brushless motor. You'll need to buy or fabricate a new motor mount as well, plus figure out how you want to get all the new wires run.

None of that is incredibly hard, but if you haven't done it before it will certainly be a task, but also a good learning experience.

On a different note, be careful with how much tape (weight) you add to the rear of the plane. Pushing the Center of Gravity back is sure to make the plane fly poorly, or even un-flyable. The Super Cub is pretty forgiving, but every plane has it's limit.

I really appreciate the guidance. It actually flew ok even with the extra weight in th back, in fact , I was abLe to glide it down for landing before the motor issues started, but after adding the wood bracing+duct tape on the fuselage.
Again; thanks!