Show us your maidens!

telephony

Maiden flight of my Hubsan H502E X4 Desire Drone 04-13-17 (1).

Flight took place over the 1000-block of Ellinor Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 6:11am PDT on 04-13-17 (or, "2017 13 Apr." or even, "April 13, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were mostly cloudy, temperature was 41°F (5°C),* and winds reported as being clam at the surface.

I look kinda uranated (piddled-off) in this video even though I'm really not; a serious brain operation that I had in late-2002 robbed me of my ability to smile. :(
I really ***DO*** love the living tweedle out of flying my drones!!! :)
The same operation also left me with a "googly eye" which is why I look a bit queer (pun not intended).

The music that you hear is the song, "Faster than Light" by the Hi-NRG group Far Too Loud and the theme music for the TV program, "Star Trek: The Next Generation".
This product is not audio (sound)-sensitive in any manner; the music may safely be ignored or even muted if it piddles you off.

While I was flying it, I "heard" this fictional, phoney-bologna made-up song, sung to the tune of, "Row Row Row Your Boat", which went like this:

♫ Fly fly fly my drone ♫
♫ Fly over the city! ♫
♫ Merrily merrily merrily merrily ♫
♫ Fly it like a kitty! ♫

Approx. 30 seconds into the flight, the camera inexplicably stopped recording; it would be several minutes later that I realised that this had occurred by the method of flying the drone at a low altitude and somewhat overhead where I noted a blue LED illuminated on the underside of the droe's fuselage and reinitiated video recording from the radio (doing so causes a red LED to turn on its stead). That's why the video appears discontinutious.

This drone does not make an excellent camera platform because it does not have a gimbal and because the flight camera is hard-mounted directly into the drone's fuselage.

More info. on my website about the Hubsan H502E X4 Desire Drone at http://ledmuseum.net/51/x4-h502.htm

telephony

Cold weather* near-sunrise maiden flight of the JJR/C H47 Elfie+ Selfie Drone 11-07-17 (1)

Flight took place over a vacant lot near the intersection of Holman St. & Dearborn Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 7:12am on 11-07-17.

Weather conditions at flight time*were partly cloudy, temperature was 30°F (-1.1°C), and winds reported as being calm at the surface

* Cold weather in this context refers to ambient temperature at flight time of 32°F (0°C) or lower at flight time.

telephony

Somewhat brief* maiden flight of my EACHINE H8C Quadcopter 12-08-17 (1)

Flight took place over the 1020-block of Ellinor Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 2:19pm PST on 12-08-17 (or, "2017 08 Dec." or even, "December 08, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were moderately dense fog (visibility approx. 100 feet {~30.48 meters}; IFR for real pilots; VFR for lower-altitude R/C pilots), temperature was 37°F (2.8°C), and winds reported as being calm at the surface.

I look rather uranated (piddled-off) in this video even though I'm really not; a serious brain operation that I had in late-2002 robbed me of my ability to smile. :(
I really ***DO*** love the living tweedle out of flying my drones!!! :)
The same operation also left me with a "googly eye" which is why I look a bit queer (pun not intended).

The flight camera is in a fixed position angled down at approx. 40° from horizontal; this is why the ground is shown instead of the horizon. :-/

The music that you hear is the song, "600 Years" by the Hi-NRG group Far Too Loud.
This product is not audio (sound)-sensitive in any manner; the music may safely be ignored or even muted if it piddles you off.

* Somewhat brief because the drone kept losing contact with its radio so I eventually figured out that I had to keep it relatively close -- no more than approx. 50 feet (~15.24 meters).

telephony

Brief* maiden flight of my Hubsan H507A STAR PRO GPS R/C Camera Drone 12-09-17 (1)

Flight took place over the 1030-block of Ellinor Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 4:44pm PST on 12-09-17 (or, "2017 09 Dec." or even, "December 09, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were high clouds, temperature was 36°F (2.2°C), and winds reported as being calm at the surface.

The music that you hear is the song, "Feliz Navidad" by Hozay Feliciano. I flew it specifically to get some aerial video of an awesome Christmas lights display just across the next block.

* Brief because the radio control would not bind with the drone so I was forced to fly it with my cellular telephone handset; the dark conditions and very confined airspace made flying somewhat hazardous. Also brief because the battery charger let its supply of magic smoke out somewhat short of charging the flight battery to 50% capacity. :-(

The entire flight is shown just short of twice -- I did this in order to accommodate the music's length.

** I believe that the PRO in the drone's name indicates that this H507A drone comes with a radio transmitter. :)

I just saw a video on YouTube showing the unboxing of a Hubsan H507A X4 STAR PRO that did not come with a radio control transmitter! The box that his came in was predominately black, while the box that mine came in was predominately white!

More info. on my website about the Hubsan X4 Star PRO H507A GPS R/C Camera Drone on its web page at http://www.ledmuseum.net/51/h507a.htm

telephony

I had such a good maiden for the Tundra and it was also my first time on the water. Figured I would post it here too.

You know, 40 years ago I'd have been more interested in the dragonfly larvae in that pond than the airplane -- now it'd be the other way around. :)
Very sweet maiden; I'm originally from Juneau AK. USA so I've always had a soft spot for floatplanes. :D

telephony

Craptastic maiden "flights" of my Hobbyzone Champ RTF R/C Airplane.

"Flights" took place behind the Sears in Federal Way WA. USA on 06-03-14 (or, "2014 03 Jun." or even, "June 03, Twenty Stick-Pile-of-Crossed-Busted-Sticks if you prefer).
The last crash ended up busting off the Champ's port (left) main wing.
I cradled the poor injured Champ's lifeless, broken body...er...uh...LIFELESS, BROKEN FUSELAGE as I carried it back to the basket in my electric wheelchair for the ride home, at which time I repaired it with packing tape and Styrofoam-safe glue.

Weather conditions at flight time were cloudy, temperature of 56°F (13.3°C), and winds out of the SSW at 6mph (5.20kts, 9.66kph) - THE WIND IS PROBABLY WHAT TOOK IT OUT!!!.

More info. about the Hobbyzone Champ RTF R/C Airplane on my website in its eval. at http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/46/champ.htm

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin

IMG_9996.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Let's call this the official maiden report! Roll that beautiful footage...

The audio didn't catch my commentary so I'll give a summary here.

In short, as you can see, it flies beautifully! Very graceful and stable in calm air. I wouldn't put her up in any winds over about 5-7mph, but first thing in the morning she's a joy.

It was also a bit cold this morning - about 35 degrees - and the battery was a two year old one, which I believe lead to the short flight before the battery started to lose it's mojo.

I was also wondering how it would do with one of these fancy little 1104 brushless motors, but Paul thinks it would rip the wings off her. :black_eyed:

HilldaFlyer

FT Simple Scout Maiden

Holy Cow! Did this plane fly well.
Build from Ross foam board (Wall Mart)
NTM 2826 1200 kv 9x4.5 APC
1300 mAh 3S Zippy Compact mounted in the nose right up to the firewall. Balanced on CG as specified in the plans.
4 x 9g metal gear servos.
Cut out the plans removing the scalloped trailing edges of the wing and elevator.
Mounted the elevator and rudder servos at the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer.
Mixed flaps with ailerons (flapperons).

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice maiden mate! That was the smoothest video I have seen you do. Not a single issue for a maiden other then minor trimming. You can't ask for better then that. That field looks perfect too. Your gonna have a great summer.

HilldaFlyer

Nice maiden mate! That was the smoothest video I have seen you do. Not a single issue for a maiden other then minor trimming. You can't ask for better then that. That field looks perfect too. Your gonna have a great summer.

What'r you sayin? The rest of my video's are crap???? :) I know... most of my maidens are more impactful :applause: Just hold your horses... A more typical maiden is in video production stage... Stay tuned. ;)

Maidens are easy if the plane
#1 flies.
#2 is set up to not need much trim.
#3 the specified CG is spot on.

It was a great evening!
Four new planes.
Four maiden flights.
Four planes still in flying condition, although 1 hit the ground 4 times pretty hard.
No need for a trash bag.
Good evening indeed!

Today I flew it a few more times, and it was blissful
Cheers

Last edited:

HilldaFlyer

Maiden with Plenty of Crashing

Hey PsyBorg... This is what you're used to seeing from me.. isn't it

Enjoy - I did!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Still looks better then any of my attempts at fixed wing. I can't seem to get a whole plane to fly let alone just the wing hahaha.

Maybe a little thrust angle on that one with that high kv motor. That's a screamer for sure mate.

HilldaFlyer

Still looks better then any of my attempts at fixed wing. I can't seem to get a whole plane to fly let alone just the wing hahaha.

Are you coming to FF2018 Ohio? I'll let you fly one of my true and tested wings. When dialed in, they're easy.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I do believe I will be at FFO good sir. I would not trust me with one of your planes unless maybe on a buddy box where you or someone can recover from mistakes. I am reasonably sure I can fly a properly set up plane or wing. I think my issues are nerves and not quite good set up aircraft just yet. Once I get past an initial take off or hand launch I am sure I can fly.. I rip the snot outta quads los and fpv. I think its more mental then skill based for sure.

I am really hoping I will be flying on my own before FFO if not I am sure with so many offering to get me in the air I will be flying by the end of FFO.

HilldaFlyer

I have another ripping MiniWing with a slot to mount FPV setup I tried to fly it FPV last year, but a 100 MPH wing is not the best thing to learn on, so there it hangs. We can buddy box, me LOS and you FPV.... We'll knock the 5.8GHz off line for a bit.