SIG Kobra- how much is it worth?

So, I bought a complete SIG Kobra in the Thunderbird colors sight unseen when a buddy picked it up from a 2nd hand store. It has an easily patchable hole in 1 wing and the vertical fin is broken off. It has a 72 mhz receiver in it and all the servos and looks to be in good condition. I haven't figured out yet what motor it has installed. The motor is gummed up.

I'm not a glow fuel guy but a beginner electric flyer so this is far more airplane than I can fly. There's a swap meet tomorrow and I'm thinking to sell it there. What's a fair price for this solid airplane with old electronics and a motor that might be good if cleaned out? $75? More? Less?

$75 is a good place to start. You might even go to $100 and see what happens. I'd give you $65, but it's a long drive from Idaho Falls..... It kind of negates the price, unless I was already going that way. The Kobra was a good plane.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I agree that the Cobra was a good plane and still is a fun plane to fly.
BUT - glow planes are not the most popular and i will find similar and much better scale planes with really quality 4-stroke engines at swap meetings for a lot less. Dont be sorry if you cant get what you are asking.