So has anyone built the planes of the Talespins villains?

grindel

I've never seen an RC version...

It might be a challenge to build and fly but it would look good chasing the seaduck around. You are allowed to cheat on the float dimensions.

1mP2jT

https://goo.gl/images/1mP2jT

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Short stubby wings bi/tri-plane wings, big fat fuse, gun nacelles and pontoons . . . um . . .

. . . cool, sure, but that's a plane I'd rather watch than build . . . and watch the twitchy booger from a distance :eek:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Short stubby wings bi/tri-plane wings, big fat fuse, gun nacelles and pontoons . . . um . . .

. . . cool, sure, but that's a plane I'd rather watch than build . . . and watch the twitchy booger from a distance :eek:

I'm thinking it'd probably fly like a Gee Bee, if it flew...

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I'm thinking it'd probably fly like a Gee Bee, if it flew...

Kinda my thoughts, and the Gee Bee's did fly . . . and won . . . but like quite a few racers of that era, it proved a challenge to keep the pilot alive.

Keeping these things from plowing into the ground is possible and would be cool, but it needs a subtle design and a competent pilot.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
They look like the kind of planes that are more drug thru the air them flown.

BUT....
That black bi wing float plane looks very doable by the guys here that are skilled builders for sure.

ewokshoter

Id say go for a "stretched out" and "thinned down" version. when its flying if it has the right paint scheme and maybe a little foam villain in the cockpit itll look more then close enough. in fact id say that given the same *general* outline the paint is what-ll make the most difference.