soldering runcam split mini

johnreto

hey guys,
so i'm sitting here with my soldering iron and my runcam split mini, trying to figure out how to solder it without messing up the board.
is there a trick or something to solder on the wires without getting solder on the board? honestly really scared that i'll mess it up and ruin the board.
i've soldered before but never something this small. help? looked for videos but couldnt find anything helpfull.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hello mate,
I have just recently installed a runcam split into my Alien. I do not think there should be any soldering to do on the Split control board directly. there should be a wire harness to use in the kit that you will have to solder to a pdb and vtx though. What model do you have? the original, the split two or the split micro? It does make a difference as to what to power them with voltage wise and how.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Check out pretty much any drone build video, it's just like soldering to an FC. I usually use a magnifying glass and the smallest tip I have.

johnreto

Hello mate,
I have just recently installed a runcam split into my Alien. I do not think there should be any soldering to do on the Split control board directly. there should be a wire harness to use in the kit that you will have to solder to a pdb and vtx though. What model do you have? the original, the split two or the split micro? It does make a difference as to what to power them with voltage wise and how.
Got the split mini/micro

Attachments

• DSC_3097.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
It takes little time to solder good. just remember cranking up the heat is not the answer. I made this to help people new to soldering or those not so new who may have learned bad habits passed down over time.