SP0NZ - Plans Index

moebeast

You are correct. I will get that fixed soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Dan,
If you do work on the Mustang plan again, I think you are also missing the poster board piece for the battery hatch. It is a simple rectangle, so it's not critical, but could confuse a first timer.
Thanks for your work.
Mark

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
First I wanted to to say thanks for all the hard work that you do here, its appreciated. Secondly I wanted to ask if I was the only one that has an oddity when trying to print the tiled section of the old fogey? I followed the direction you gave in another thread exactly, paper is set to US letter, 8.5 by 11. all the boxes that should be checked are checked and those that aren't supposed to be aren't. However it seems the images is slid down in the preview and prints the same, cropping the bottom of quite a few pages, however not ALL pages. It ruins the wing and fuse. I don't see any settings that would allow me to adjust that besides adjusting the scale. Any tips? I would prefer to use your plans before I resort to the flite test plans as yours are superior. Thank you.

This probably goes without saying from the information you already posted, but, what software are you trying to print from?

Did you follow the instructions from here?:
https://flitetest.com/articles/printing-flite-test-plans

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Dan,
If you do work on the Mustang plan again, I think you are also missing the poster board piece for the battery hatch. It is a simple rectangle, so it's not critical, but could confuse a first timer.
Thanks for your work.
Mark

Great catch! Thank you. I will be updating the Mustang to v1.2 soon. Only minor corrections that have been pointed out here.

Gazoo

Sponz,

First off, your work is awesome and much appreciated.

Second, I don't see all-in-one plans for the Mini Cruiser other than in the build article. I have access to a printer that does 20"X30" but the plans 28ish"X34ish" so they don't fit on the printer unless tiled. Does anyone have reworked plans or are they on the drawing board?

I built the Mini Guinea with the 2204s and it was a rocket. I would like to build the Mini Cruiser as well with the same setup. But, alas, I am lazy and have no skill.

Old Flyboy

Not sure if I am asking this question on the correct thread or not....but perhaps someone will know the answer. I am wanting to resize the FT Explorer to a mini-like series. When I just print and then reduce the size to 65 or 75%, the foam board thickness is not consistent with the plan size and therefore throwing all the dimensions out. Does anyone know the correct way to resize a plan (other than using autocad) or to obtain a plan for the FT Explorer in the mini series. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure if I am asking this question on the correct thread or not....but perhaps someone will know the answer. I am wanting to resize the FT Explorer to a mini-like series. When I just print and then reduce the size to 65 or 75%, the foam board thickness is not consistent with the plan size and therefore throwing all the dimensions out. Does anyone know the correct way to resize a plan (other than using autocad) or to obtain a plan for the FT Explorer in the mini series. Any help would be appreciated.

+1 for a mini FT Explorer

Also, SPONZ, on the FT Mini Mustang plans, the square cutout for the servos on the wings isn't in the plans. Not a huge deal, but confused my friend who was building it as his second scratch build.

Nathan

daxian

Elite member
hi Dan ...
just built the mini sportster and caught a missing part and a discrepancy on the plans ...
missing part is the rectangle for the fuselage floor (where the undercarriage fits ) and the elevator bevel is placed on the wrong side ,
(should be on the stabiliser side and is on the elevator side)
very minor things, which may never the less confuse the novice builder.
other than that ,it went together perfectly and i look forward to decent weather for the maiden ....

danield

FT Sportster

Slight correction
On plans for "FT Sportster" shows fire wall as 1/32", should be 1/8" 2.5mm?

Love your work.
Dan D

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Any word on the AirHogs remakes from FF2016?

I'm working on a smaller version using the RS2205 motors. Will have a 28" wing span and be much easier to transport. WIll likely fly fine with the A & F pack motors as well. Once I have that one released, I will make plans for the larger version. Although, it will be a little smaller (about 2" off the wing span) than the prototypes we had at Flite Fest 2016.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Links are now live for the FT MiG-3 plans. Build video should be out sometime today. Happy building.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'm updating the Tiny Trainer plans. Can anyone tell me the overall length of the finished model?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
hi SPONZ I have a question, why are alp's plans linked in your first post? are you and him in some sort of collaboration? or do you post other people's plans if they look good and the plane flies well?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
hi SPONZ I have a question, why are alp's plans linked in your first post? are you and him in some sort of collaboration? or do you post other people's plans if they look good and the plane flies well?

Long version or short version?

Let's go with short...

It was well before I got the gig with Flite Test. Alp's designs are/were super cool (he's since dropped off the map a little, more into quads now I think). Alp wasn't able to do tiled plans and I offered to help him out. His plans were already in CAD, so it was super easy to make tiled versions for him. I seemed to have a lot more free time back then too. :p

All that said, I'm working on some plans for a few others in the community as well. Just not as quickly as i would like to be. I'm open to drawing plans for others, but the Flite Test stuff take priority. I'm way behind on a lot of my own design projects too. I need to find a way to make this my full-time job. :cool:

LegandosIO

Hi

Would it be possible to adapt the plans to accomodate different foamboard thicknesses? As far a I know, it is assumed that you are building with 5mm foamboard. However in South Africa I can only get 3 or 6mm foamboard. Also, I have recently discovered corrugated plastic (correx) as a viable alternative to foamboard, and also much easier to obtain in South Africa. Corrugated plastic ranges from 2 - 4mm thickness.

Therefore my question is: how difficult would it be to change the plans, and make the gaps 2mm, 3mm etc sizes?

Furthermore, could you create the tiled plans for standard A4 size paper as well as for US Letter size? If I print US Letter on A4 paper, my planes come out about 20% smaller.

Thanks!