SP0NZ - Plans Index

NTTD

The Gremlins are here!

Just added Josh and TJ's frames to the plans index. More to follow as they are released. Enjoy.
Any chance of getting these in a 3D model format for printing?

I bought TJ's frame but would love to try out Josh's, thought of printing it.

Last edited:

Votey

Hi Dan,

You've done an amazing job here and added immeasurably to this community. Thank you! I noticed your "FT Guinea Pig rearranged" plans don't show any of the cavities, bevels or paper-removals. With Peter's build video and everything else, it's not too hard to figure out where they should be, but I wanted to bring it to your attention anyway.

Papo_60

Bloody Baron Decals..

Hi Dan, I have built 2 Bloody Barons to take to FF2017. One red with theblack decals you created. The second black and I want to use the same decals, only red. Is there anyway I can take your decals and just change the black color to red?? Thanks a bunch, Ron

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Votey,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Those Guinea Pig plans are pretty old, long before I landed on the format that I am using now. I am slowly working my way back through the back catalog as time allows. Life is keeping me incredibly busy outside the hobby at the moment, but the Guinea Pig is one that I definitely want to update sooner rather than later. Thanks again for the feedback, keep it coming.

Hi Dan,

You've done an amazing job here and added immeasurably to this community. Thank you! I noticed your "FT Guinea Pig rearranged" plans don't show any of the cavities, bevels or paper-removals. With Peter's build video and everything else, it's not too hard to figure out where they should be, but I wanted to bring it to your attention anyway.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hay Papo_60,

Ask and ye shall receive. Bloody Baron v1.1 Graphics RED. I've included both styles of crosses so you can pick and choose which one you want to use.

Would love to see some pictures of it when you finish it.

-SP0NZ

Hi Dan, I have built 2 Bloody Barons to take to FF2017. One red with theblack decals you created. The second black and I want to use the same decals, only red. Is there anyway I can take your decals and just change the black color to red?? Thanks a bunch, Ron

Endrju

Hey that a great job with updating all the plans! Thank you man. It's awesome :).

Before I scratch build any RC plane I am trying to 3D visualize the model in SketchUp. Then I can be sure that everything will lineup...
So I open PDF plans in the Inkscape and save it as DXF file which I then import in SketchUp.

Sometimes I found that the cavity for a fold is a lot narrower than 3/16 inch (or 5mm) so I know that I will have hard time with the fold unless I widen it.

With FT 3D and FT Explorer plans it went OK.
But I found some inconsistency with a Bushwacker plans v1.2. I am curious if this is the same with version v1.0

The top deck of the fuselage is wider then bottom deck, also the rear windshield (part 03) is with the same widht of the top deck.
See the picture:
LayOut.png

With the top deck also the cavity for a vertical stab seems to be off off the center axis (one half of top deck is bigger then the other):
LayOut2_2.png

The power pod plate (part 04) protruding on the rear part from the fuselage (slided to the front as far as it can go):
LayOut_3.png

So I am not sure if it is all intended (foam can be bent...) but didn't come across such inconsistency with the other two planes I mentioned above.

If top deck should be more wide than tha bottom deck of the fuselage, than power pod plate is not protruding but still the vertical stab center line is off.

ARE

Hi Dan,

I was looking at laser cutting a DR1 out of a new kind of foam board I found at the local Dollarama and noticed that the plan is missing dowel holes for the motor mount. Can you please check? Thanks!

Endrju

Bushwacker - Modified top deck fuselage

Hey, regarding my comment about the top deck fuselage inconsistency - with this modified top deck it will fitt (top deck is still more wide then bottom).
Modified part is in the attached PDF if someone is interested... (print in scale from SketchUp).

And if anyone want some wallpaper of Bushwacker :) - designed from PDF plans in SketchUp: FT Bushwacker Model Only (1).png

Attachments

• FT Bushwacker - fixed top deck fuselage.pdf
    72.9 KB · Views: 18

TDG

Ft3d plans

Hi! I'm Todd!

I was wondering if somewhere in this thread is the ft3d plans. The one I find on the site link I'm not sure about if it's the updated plane as the video describes and all the other plane I have built had sponz type of layout.

Thanks for the help. Love the plans and building is easier with these plans.

Current planes
Spitfire
Mini mustang
Mini corsair

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I have not done the FT3D yet. But it is on the list.

Hi! I'm Todd!

I was wondering if somewhere in this thread is the ft3d plans. The one I find on the site link I'm not sure about if it's the updated plane as the video describes and all the other plane I have built had sponz type of layout.

Thanks for the help. Love the plans and building is easier with these plans.

Current planes
Spitfire
Mini mustang
Mini corsair

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor

Papo_60

Hay Papo_60,

Ask and ye shall receive. Bloody Baron v1.1 Graphics RED. I've included both styles of crosses so you can pick and choose which one you want to use.

Would love to see some pictures of it when you finish it.

-SP0NZ

Thanks Dan for red Bloody Baron graphics!! I attached a couple of pictures of the two new Bloody Barons. Will maiden both once the weather decides to cooperate!! Appreciate all that you are doing for everyone in the FT community, it means a lot to all of us!!

Attachments

• IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1