Spectator vs Pilot registration

f14tom

Hi, Flite Testers,

Our whole family is going to the Flite Fest. However, only our 2 teenage sons and I will be flying. My wife will not be. This is our first Flite Fest and I don't know how the flying field is set up. So, I have a few questions regarding how Flite Fest works:

1) Will there be areas where we can put our planes, tools, transmiters, etc, while we wait to fly or repair planes?

2) It's my understanding that there will be batteries charging stations. Will we be able to bring our own chargers and plug them into outlets close to working tables?

3) Will there be electrical access to plug in hot glue guns to repair/build planes?

4) If we register my wife as a spectator (she is not an AMA member), will she be able sit with us while we work on planes or wait to fly?

5) Can my wife as a spectator go up to the flightline to be close to our kids when they fly?

Sorry that I have so many questions. Thanks for any answers you guys have!

- f14tom

as for registration only the boys need to register as pilots, the wife can be with the boys all the time. the charging stations will be available
for use there may be a wait for electric and you should stay with your batterys while charging, as for hot glue guns yes bring your own there was lots of plugs last year the build tent is suppose to be bigger this year look me up in registration when you get there ill help you out sean.c Flyboypres.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Yes to everything. The chargers... well I would simply use your own and stay with it while charging. You can most likely keep your stuff on a table in the build tent and it shouldn't be messed with. There will be or is being worked on having power at each table for glue guns and what not. As long as the wife doesn't pick up a transmitter to fly she's fine

f14tom

Thanks to both Flyboypres and CrashRecovery for the answers!! We are looking forward to the Flite Fest weekend!!

DharanFlyer

I think this was answered somewhere else but I cannot find it. I pre-registered as a spectator and think I want to change to pilot. Am I able to do that before the event or when I get to the registration table?

I think this was answered somewhere else but I cannot find it. I pre-registered as a spectator and think I want to change to pilot. Am I able to do that before the event or when I get to the registration table?

Last year I had pre-registered my brother as a Spectator. Then when I arrived at FliteFest, at the registration table, I 'upgraded' my brother to a Pilot; I simply paid the difference in price.