Spektrum DXe

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
First glance I like it!

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPM1000

Competing with Taranis? $90 for a radio I can program with my phone? Hmmmmmm.......

"Channels - Depending on configuration, 6 to 9" What does that mean?

The manual says nothing about telemetry or if it will talk. The manual lives up to Spektrum standards due to lack of details on functions... typical reaction from manuals that put me into "Error404 file not found mode": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJM4UhbQ7A

The maintenance on the files is the only thing that I don't like about the Dx6. I rarely name my planes and loose track because of the spinning menu wheel.... I'm ready to fly, no time to spend spinning wheel!

Warning- If it will does not have wireless trainer mode I'll hang on my two DX6 genII.

Justin

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Its basically what people have been doing with the HK-T6 and a custom blue tooth connector for a while. Maybe where they got the idea.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/978785597X799366X58.pdf

Harware is probably much nicer I would hope anyway.

Not sure why you would think this competes with the Taranis. It's a "sport" radio which is code for limited features and cheap enough they can include it in the box with a RTF plane.

Although it does have a reasonable selection of switches so better than spektrum's other cheap radios.

Pretty limited programmable features if this is the whole list. The HK T6 does more

• Servo Reversing
• Stick Configuration: Mode 1-4
• Wing Type: Normal or Delta/Elevon
• Expo: On or Off

It looks like where the cleverness comes is that they can pre-program a BNF plane profile so you can get more features on that kind of plane. I'm guessing that is where the 6-9 channels come in. If you have more complex BNF plane 6 channels is not enough.

It doesn't look like it lets you program very much yourself - although that could come later I suppose.

It has a trainer port so you can probably use it on most simulators. It has a wireless trainer bind button so there is potential for it to support wireless simulator connection but the manual is too much of a pita to navigate in a browser so I didn't look much beyond those words.

Last edited:

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
From what I read (and even saw from a Spectrum contact on RC groups) its intended to replace the DX4 and DX5 in the RTF models. It seems to have some pretty limited features as far as programming and the contact said that was due in part to the smaller and simpler microchip they used. So it sounds like there isn't much for expandable features unless they release another model with larger memory and capability. Interesting none the less.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I like it too. As a big fan of the BNF options it seems like it will allow me to get another xmtr and buddy box with the DX6 I already have.

I am curious about the cost of the programming cable. I did not find it on the HH site.

The $90 tag is for the xmtr/rcvr combo. It's $60 for just the xmtr.

I would like to see this with wireless buddy boxing.

HawkMan

First glance I like it!

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPM1000

Competing with Taranis? $90 for a radio I can program with my phone? Hmmmmmm.......

"Channels - Depending on configuration, 6 to 9" What does that mean?

The manual says nothing about telemetry or if it will talk. The manual lives up to Spektrum standards due to lack of details on functions... typical reaction from manuals that put me into "Error404 file not found mode": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJM4UhbQ7A

The maintenance on the files is the only thing that I don't like about the Dx6. I rarely name my planes and loose track because of the spinning menu wheel.... I'm ready to fly, no time to spend spinning wheel!

Warning- If it will does not have wireless trainer mode I'll hang on my two DX6 genII.

Justin

6-9 channels probebly depends on wether you use single or dual channel ailerons and flaps.

that or it's tied to receiver functionality which doesn't make sense to list like this. either it is a 9ch tx or it is not.

HawkMan

It has a trainer port so you can probably use it on most simulators. It has a wireless trainer bind button so there is potential for it to support wireless simulator connection but the manual is too much of a pita to navigate in a browser so I didn't look much beyond those words.

Is the Spektrum DX* trainer ports standard signal that's compatible with the Taranis ? I mean so far most radios I've tried work but this could be a good extra and trainer radio, would work with my BNF's as well.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I don't have the DXe but try this:
1) Put your bind plug in the bind slot on the rcvr.
2) Power up your rcvr (without the prop, for safety sake). The rcvr should show a blinking light.
3) While holding the Bind button power up the DXe.
4) Wait a second or 2 and then release the button. After another second or 2 the rcvr light should be steady.
That is a typical Bind procedure.

area66

The bind button is the throttle stick, you press the top of the stick ( it will click ) , you hold it and you power the transmitter.

area66

Yes, sorry the button is on the back side , I was at work and I confused with the small E-Flite transmitter that come with the Horizon Super Club S

elw773

It doesn't look like there is much programming availability with the app but in the pc version there seems to be more options(judging by the picture). programmer_screenshot1.png

STANNY

I was recently purchased a mini apprentice s that comes with a Dxe. I realise it is different to the standalone Dxe, but can its firmware be upgraded via the same procedure? And can it be programmed via the same app and cable.

Arcfyre

Elite member
I realize this post is very old, but does anyone know how to use the PC app to program a DXe to use flaperons?