TaleSpin Inspired Mini Guinea

Lorenzo

My son is two and a half and has recently been introduced to one of my favorite childhood cartoons, TaleSpin (and no, I certainly didn't buy two volumes of the show on DVD for myself...it was for the little one...). I decided that modifying the airframe of the Mini Guinea to replicate Baloo's beloved amphibious cargo plane, the Sea Duck, was probably too big of a project for me right now, so I did the next best thing and gave it a Sea Duck paint job.

The Sea Duck.jpg sea duck right.jpg sea duck forward.jpg sea duck left.jpg sea duck profile.jpg

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Awesome paint scheme! I thought the same thing when I first saw the design, but had dismissed the idea once I refreshed my childhood memories and realized that it was a twin tail water boat. You pulled it off though, well done.

DDSFlyer

I used to love TaleSpin as a kid. Nice job on the paint scheme. Would be interesting to make it a twin boom tail and make some float extensions on the wings.

Lorenzo

I used to love TaleSpin as a kid. Nice job on the paint scheme. Would be interesting to make it a twin boom tail and make some float extensions on the wings.
Definitely! My plan is to get comfortable with SketchUp in time for the release of the full size cargo and do the full-on Sea Duck modifications with that.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Saw this fly today. It was a great flyer and the cargo drop with Balu on a parachute was awesome. My daughter loved catching Balu!

Ordering a second motor now to build one for us instead of the FT scout.

Great meeting you and your lovely family! Hope to see you again soon.

Lorenzo

Saw this fly today. It was a great flyer and the cargo drop with Balu on a parachute was awesome. My daughter loved catching Balu!

Ordering a second motor now to build one for us instead of the FT scout.

Great meeting you and your lovely family! Hope to see you again soon.

Great meeting you and your daughter, my son had a blast playing with her, he's actually still talking about it. I'm glad you're going for the mini guinea, it's a fun airplane and dropping things from the sky never gets old. Hopefully we'll see y'all at the next get together.

Lorenzo

Balu on a Parachute? Pictures?!? Please? :)

Haha! I'll have to get those the next time I fly, plenty of pics but none of the actual drop yet. We had a lot of fun yesterday with the Flite Test crew flying the new full-size guineas and of course I had to break out the Sea Duck. I can't wait to build one of the full-size cargoes.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
image.jpg
All I have is a still from a video and Balu is too tiny to see. Video doesnt have the drop just my daughter running for it and an old man grabbing before she did.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Once I unfold it I'll get you the PDF for it. Still needs the wing floats and potentially slightly longer body. That might come after a trial build.

Lorenzo

Thank you! I can't wait. And just out of curiosity, where in Maryland do you live? I used to live in Aquasco (tiny little place east of Waldorf) as a child, my dad was stationed at Andrews AFB.

Last edited: