Taranis plus, not showing the option of discover new sensors

JTaylor

Hi there, i have been trying to get the telemetry to work with my beta flight f3 fc and my XSR receiver. it displays the info on osd, but watching a lot of videos, show that the "discover sensors" on the transmitter should show up under the telemetry menu, but mine does not. i have updated the transmitter to 2.0.20. Am I missing something? does the flight controller not relay the battery voltage back the transmitter so I can select a switch to verbally tell me my battery voltages?

If you know of a good video to watch please send me a link.
jason

TheRedGamerFPV

What taranis exactly are you using a q x7 or an x9d and the discover sensors option will be at the very bottom of the telemtry screen option. Im not 100% sure but it might just be that the fc needs telemtry se
Setup in betaflight.

TheRedGamerFPV

Sorry for a diffrent reply but i just thougjt of this after posting that one but do you have a micro sd card in ths taranis and if so do you have a sound pack downloaded on the sd card cause im pretty sure for telemtry to work you need all the taranis firmware and sound pack and resources on the sd card instead of the the built in flash in the taranis and iif you give me the exact taranis model i can link you to a openTX firmware download page for that taranis hopefully this will help. Sadly this will not help on my taramis please post on my thread if you have a sugvestion for me. your welcome and if you end up helping me then thank you

JTaylor

I have a x9d. I’m not sure if I put the sound on it. I have just been using what sound it came with. The telemetry to the goggles is fine but when my “ high quality” Fatshark battery gives up and forces line of sight, I would like to flip the switch to know my battery situation on the quad. Thanks for the help!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I believe some of the XSR's had a firmware glitch that caused problems with telemetry. Maybe try upgrading the firmware.

TheRedGamerFPV

ok so if you have a sd card then put this on your sd card when you plug the taranis into your pc but put it on the sd card and not the radios flash memory if you have the sd card put this on it (https://downloads.open-tx.org/2.2/sdcard/opentx-x9d/sdcard-taranis-x9-2.2V0013.zip) (dont worry its not a virus) and if you dont have a sd card try using the lastest version of open tx (2.2) and flash that to the taranis in open-tx companion 2.2 because im not 100% sure that opentx version 2.0.2 has the telemtry feature so try the lastest version of open tx. hope this will help and also the reason for the late reply is i was on spring break and i was on vacation and being a 12 year old my dad does not like me being on my phone while were on vacation so yeah hope this helped -TheRedGamerFPV