The 1st FAA Prosecution of a Civilian Drone UAV

AutorocK

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/commercial-drones-are-completely-legal-a-federal-judge-ruled

Commercial Drones Are Completely Legal, a Federal Judge Ruled

"For the moment, commercial drones are, unequivocally, legal in American skies after a federal judge has ruled that the Federal Aviation Administration has not made any legally binding rules against it.

The judge dismissed the FAA’s case against Raphael Pirker, the first (and only) person the agency has tried to fine for flying a drone commercially. The agency has repeatedly claimed that flying a drone for commercial purposes is illegal and has said that there’s “no gray area” in the law. The latter now appears to be true, but it hasn’t gone the way the FAA would have hoped. Patrick Geraghty, a judge with the National Transportation Safety Board, ruled that there are no laws against flying a drone commercially."

tikaro

Such a big deal!

EDIT: I'm not being sarcastic, I've been waiting for this shoe to drop! I know from a number of my friends (and from the FTAH podcast, of course!) that there's a BUNCH of drone photographers out there that have been doing their work on the hush-hush, waiting for this. I look forward to watching this take off! Er... figuratively. And literally.

Guitarzan

3-line? I guess a single brake line? Oh, Ozone! Kite-boarding kite! Very nice!

Yea the third line is a brake, that if tugged just right will steer in reverse. It's not for flying (feet off ground) or gliding by any means but will definitely give your upper arms a workout! The bar is very nice.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yea the third line is a brake, that if tugged just right will steer in reverse. It's not for flying (feet off ground) or gliding by any means but will definitely give your upper arms a workout! The bar is very nice.
The foils I have that are more than 2-line are 4. I also have 2 Rev quad lines and I don't know how many 2-line deltas...I have to pull them out as I need to replace some parts on a couple. Had a few mishaps and tip catches break some stuff...

Um, I know it's not usually my style, but to stay OT, I wonder if this is going to end up in our favor? This kind of ruling, while awesome right now, might just end up backfiring if the FAA decides to make it a point to punish those that just made them look bad. It wouldn't be the first time an agency with egg on its face, decided to make a point.

Last edited: