THE FT CORSAIR GRID PLANS ARE BROKEN (not symmetrical)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
when i was building my ft corsair from the printable plans, i noticed that the two parts after the ( V ) part of the wing are not at all symmetrical. one is off by almost 1/4 of an inch!!!!! now i have to start over i guess and the plans are corrupt:(

First of all, I'm really sorry to hear that you are having problems with the plans. I'll do what I can to try and help you. This is the first I've heard of anyone having a problem with the corsair plans.

I checked the CAD file and both wing halves are exactly the same length. I also opened the PDF plans and checked the wings using the measure tools in Acrobat (not quite as precise or accurate). They came out the same size in the PDF as well.

This looks like it is an issue with how the plans were printed. The tiled page size is 7.5 x 10.5 so that they can be printed on letter (U.S.) and A4 (rest of the world) without having any scaling issues. What software did you use to print the plans? I would recommend to ALWAYS use Adobe Reader/Acrobat for the best results. You should also make sure that you print them at 100% scale (no 'fit' or 'shrink' options).

Here are the settings I use:
FTPlan Print Options.png

Jared3339

Thank you for your tips and input. I figured out what the problem was and it was just me being stupid lol sorry for the trouble. I didn't tapt the plans together I had only cuylt out those two pieces at the time.