The new FF-117V2 from rcFoamFighters - Inspired by the F-177 Nighthawk

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
The new FF-117V2 from rcFoamFighters - Inspired by the F-117 Night Hawk

Designed and built by my good friend Paul Petty from rcFoamFighters. Paul did an amazing job creating a scale look to this build. I have the plans in hand and will building this sometime before spring. The plans can be found on their website: http://rcfoamfighters.com/ff-117v2/

Flight and build below. If you take on this build feel free to share your pictures and videos here.

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Luis, You had to post this..... now I have another project to think about. Brings me back to my days at Holloman AFB. I re-enlisted sitting in the base commanders plane. I was friends with the fighter wing commander and he was performing the ceremony, only problem was his plane was being worked on. The next available plane was the base commanders. As far as the Col. knew I was the first enlisted member to do this that was not part of a flying squadron, he was thinking I might have been the first all together but I am sure someone had done it before I did.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thats a sharp looking model. This might have to go on my "someday" list as I kill off some of the planes I already have built. This apartment is far too small for much more without causing issues with the property manager over fire hazard. I already get the stink eye when yearly fire inspections happen here with the lipos.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Luis, You had to post this..... now I have another project to think about. Brings me back to my days at Holloman AFB. I re-enlisted sitting in the base commanders plane. I was friends with the fighter wing commander and he was performing the ceremony, only problem was his plane was being worked on. The next available plane was the base commanders. As far as the Col. knew I was the first enlisted member to do this that was not part of a flying squadron, he was thinking I might have been the first all together but I am sure someone had done it before I did.

;) Gaggle of Hawks and Ducks for FF18?? And Thank you for your service Ryan!

bisbonian

I built version 1 of this recently and it flew well. I felt it was a bit unwieldy for me and could be smaller.

I printed off the plans at 75% and got out the glue gun.

Pluses are that at 75% the main triangular wing fits on one piece of foam board, so no splicing.

I used my normal flits test mini running gear, E-Max 2205 motor with an 18 amp ESC. Unfortunately scaling down made it so my 800mah 3s batteries don’t fit in the battery slot, however I have some 500mah 3s and 1000mah 2s batteries which fit perfectly.

It flew great on both 2s and 3s, the smaller size made it easy to hand launch on my own. This may be my new favorite plane.

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
What? You didn't add a recharging port where the refueling receptical goes? Okay, not really freaking out about that. It's an amazing model of an amazing (but short lived) plane.