you had me at... "I preflighted everything, but nothing." :applause:

with your permission i will use that.

be careful my friend.

laters,

jason ;)

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Whoosh.... bang and bits flew. This reminds me of the David W or Peter S days on the show.

Kick @$$ 4bangen. This was fun to watch.

4bangen

Whoosh.... bang and bits flew. This reminds me of the David W or Peter S days on the show.

Kick @$$ 4bangen. This was fun to watch.

HAHA, ya my idea of fun is a bit more HMB than most. I'm hoping to edit the 3rd episode tonight. It's going to be a short one, but there's more flame and spark in it than there are in the others.

4bangen

here it is, the log awaited episode 3. This time we air drop.

Things could have gone better, in fact they couldn't have gone much worse! But we push forward.
Next step is I absolutely have to get the Mother bear built. I ant keep risking the school bus for this. Then I need to push the cuda faster, straighter, and even get to the point where we can clock it. I hope to be moving on to real cuda frames soon as well. I just want to get past the needing a new cuda every flight first. lol

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
crap, it popped up in my youtube subscriptions but havent watched it yet...going

sumone

You know what would be really cool is if you made a yellow school bus that fl....................Oh wait

4bangen

So finally we made a good couple of passes. Not to say things didn't go wrong the whole day. From the start we had problems LITERALY! Battery in my van went bad so I had to make the one from my truck fit. Then servos where bad, then receiver batteries where dead. It was a cluster leading up to the flight. I even left my spacers for the school bus wing at home so it have the wrong wing angle (making take off roll out nearly the whole runway) but in the end it worked, and we made what we estimate as a 140-160mph pass. Enjoy.

4bangen

Thanks guys. I really need to get the other plane finished so I can stop risking the school bus on this.
The bus is also so big we couldn't tell if the cuda' had come loose or not. it was just bouncing around on top while I was repeatedly trying to let loose an already loose plane.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Thanks guys. I really need to get the other plane finished so I can stop risking the school bus on this.
The bus is also so big we couldn't tell if the cuda' had come loose or not. it was just bouncing around on top while I was repeatedly trying to let loose an already loose plane.

Drop it from below the bus like the X-15.

Is there some way to re-direct the parachute charge? It seems to me that there is potential there.

4bangen

Drop it from below the bus like the X-15.

Is there some way to re-direct the parachute charge? It seems to me that there is potential there.

HA, THERES NO ROOM UNDER THE BUS FOR THAT.
The reverse charge has been removed on the bigger motors. I was capping the C size motors, but as we went larger they started failing and destroying the planes. The next flights will start using custom rocket motors with more power. these will not have a reverse charge at all. every square inch of motor will be used for forward thrust.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
HA, THERES NO ROOM UNDER THE BUS FOR THAT.
The reverse charge has been removed on the bigger motors. I was capping the C size motors, but as we went larger they started failing and destroying the planes. The next flights will start using custom rocket motors with more power. these will not have a reverse charge at all. every square inch of motor will be used for forward thrust.

Sounds like an opportunity to build a new bus. :)

I wondered about the reverse charge when the last plane failed to explode at the end. :D

Very very cool. I have been enjoying these videos. Please keep it up.