Three Generations?

Redflier

Launch Mode
I am, and always have been, a plane nut. But I didn't get a chance to get into RC until recently.

Now, my young lad (5 in May - I can't wait!) is keen on chuck gliders and other plane stuff. He piloted my baby drone recently, and I found out just how high it could fly - straight up! :eek:

His drone is coming. And I'm getting him a simple foamie plane.

Meanwhile, because of work reasons, I am living in my parents' house instead of my own for a while, so I thought I'd get them a present each to say thank you. In context, I should say that my father is a former metallurgist for Rolls-Royce, and pretty keen on aviation himself.

Sooo...I bought him an RTF Cub. Sure, it's got battle scars, but a teeny bit of CA and a splash of yellow paint, and it'll look great. Hope he likes it! :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
COOL! Great to see the hobby spread out that wide in a family. This sounds like great potential for good times and big fun. Be sure to get many pictures and videos as this forum is powered by them.

Get the little guy on the sims and I am sure he will pick up flying really fast. Provided you can keep him focused on the actual flying and not seeing how many ways to make cool crashes happen hehe.