Tiny Trainer Love

jtrops

I haven't flown the Tiny Trainer for a long time. I recently decided to pull out the single aileron servo from the middle of the wing, and replace it with two servos with flap mixes.

It was a bit of a mind twist to get the flaps working correctly on the 3 position switch (fs-i6). Once it was sorted out I took it outside, and I was immediately rewarded with the smooth stabile flight the TT is known for. I was really happy with the braking effect of the flaps since I have a tendency to misjudge my speed as I'm coming in for a landing.

I have a switch for throttle rates, and flew it for quite awhile on the slow rate (50%), and then remembered that the fast rate (100%) was just a flip of the switch. It zipped along with plenty of power for corkscrew loops.

What a fun plane!

This plane is a great flyer, and super fun. I don't know if there is a better plane for starting out.

Akurion

I'm learning on my Tiny Trainer right now. It's a nice, forgiving airplane, and after just a few days I've gone from "Can't keep the plane in the air for more than 10 seconds" to "Able to fly sustained orbits and perform basic maneuvers!"

Landing is still tough, though. I think I'd do better at it if I had more practice, but most of my flights end abruptly and unintentionally. Still, definitely improving!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
For landing I would just cut throttle and glide it in where ever you can. It helps if you can try on a simulator, even if it is on your phone, it helps get the muscle memory. I might try a tiny trainer soon just for fun, I could even use it to teach my GF how to fly..... I think I know what I'm doing this weekend.

theflyingturk

i like gliders
i just got a tiny trainer to learn how to fly! after building other planes and them not coming out "fly worthy" and some getting damaged from my stupidity, i got the speed build kit of the tiny trainer, and when i learn that, i got the simple soarer speed build kit to do some true gliding. i plan to not use the simple soarer with a motor, and hi-start launch it when i learn more and become experienced. mabye ill do a build log even though there is prolly a billon of them.

jtrops

I haven't done a Simple Soarer (yet), but the Tiny Trainer is a great glider. You can build the glider nose, and you're set. It's pretty cool thae one plane does so much, so well.

To be honest, I got a little bored flying powered with the glider wing. The "sport" wing is still very stabile to fly, and the ailerons make for a more dynamic experience.

I second what Foamtest said about gliding in. I just tend to be coming in a bit too fast much of the time. The flaps really cut the speed, and bring it in nice and gentle.

NewFlyGuy2020

I haven't flown the Tiny Trainer for a long time. I recently decided to pull out the single aileron servo from the middle of the wing, and replace it with two servos with flap mixes.

It was a bit of a mind twist to get the flaps working correctly on the 3 position switch (fs-i6). Once it was sorted out I took it outside, and I was immediately rewarded with the smooth stabile flight the TT is known for. I was really happy with the braking effect of the flaps since I have a tendency to misjudge my speed as I'm coming in for a landing.

I have a switch for throttle rates, and flew it for quite awhile on the slow rate (50%), and then remembered that the fast rate (100%) was just a flip of the switch. It zipped along with plenty of power for corkscrew loops.

What a fun plane!

This plane is a great flyer, and super fun. I don't know if there is a better plane for starting out.

How did you set the 3 position switch? I have it assign, and works for switch up and switch down. But the 2nd position does nothing… how do I assign 50%[?] to 2nd position???