Tricopter Build Help

armageddon

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie at multirotors and i need some assistance with a tricopter i would like to build.

I have comprised a list of all the items i am buying from HobbyKing and i was wondering if you guys could maybe improve it or help me to cut back on costs where possible. The list has to have everything in it that is required to create and fly the tricopter (excluding tools such as soldering iron, wire cutters, etc).

This is designed off of the RCExplorer Tricopter V3 video.

At the moment the list is around $260 and i dont want to go too much higher, unless it was really worth it.

Here is the list:

3 Turnigy Multistar 2209-980Kv 14Pole Multi-Rotor
3 Afro ESC 20Amp Multi-rotor Motor Speed Controller
1 Hobbyking X900 Tricopter Glass Fiber Multi-Rotor Frame
1 Hobbyking KK2.1.5 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board
1 Turnigy 5X 5Ch Mini Transmitter and Receiver
1 ZIPPY Flightmax 3000mAh 3S1P 20C
1 HobbyKing HK-922MG Digital Metal Gear Servo
1 Universal Propeller Balancer
1 Turnigy 12v 2-3S Basic Balance Charger
3 Super Bright 3Watt LED Lamp
4 Turnigy Pure-Silicone Wire 18AWG (1mtr) Red
1 XT60 to 3 X 3.5mm bullet Multistar
1 60CM Servo Lead Extention (JR) with hook 26AWG
4 Turnigy Pure-Silicone Wire 18AWG (1mtr) Black
1 Cable Ties 160 x 2.5mm Black
1 10 x 5 Thin Style E-Prop Green CW
1 10 x 5 Thin Style E-Prop Green CCW
1 HobbyKing Super Glue CA
1 PolyMax 3.5mm Gold Connectors
1 Twisted 10CM Male to Male Servo Lead (JR) 22AWG
1 Servo Splitter Lead 1 Female to 5 male
1 Turnigy Heat Shrink Tube 30mm Black (1mtr)
1 Turnigy Heat Shrink Tube 25mm Transparent
1 Double Sided Tape Pack
1 Turnigy 4mm Heat Shrink Tube - BLACK
1 Turnigy 2mm Heat Shrink Tube - BLACK

Tjhogg

I would say this is the wrong area to post.....Try the multirotor section... and What are you wanting to know? You can DIY on the frame and keep it cheaper...I made a batbone for under 120(-radio) from pine/basswood from hobby lobby.30.00 in motors 30.00 in esc. 10.00 in frame 30.00 kk2 20.00 servo. If you never flown a Multi make it cheap to learn then work your way up.

PS you need more than 2 props, what radio are you using? Also don't go cheap on a charger get a nice one that will last and you can grow with. and i have no idea what you are using the servo splitter for? get a cable to reflash your kk2 to a better firmware like steveis 1.17s2 pro

Last edited:

Tjhogg

Sorry noticed you had radio system on there spend a little more and get a turnigy 9x or something you can use for a long time