Trouble With the Baby Hawk

I have recently bought a babyhawk from the flite test store wanting to get into the drone scene but i have encountered some very frustrating problems and do not know where to go from where i am
the problem is as follows
in betaflight there is no response in the reciever tab and i am unable to do anything with the quad
- what i have done
i have added a buzzer to the quad for saftey and recevery reasons from what i read on the internet before hand that was completly okay and was an encouraged idea considering it is a tiny quad, i bought a OrangeRX 614 reciever to use as it was very small and lightweight, then after the 614 reciever did not work i tried using an OrangeRX 615 reciever i had on hand and with the same result. both of the recievers were bound and to a spectrum DX7 and setup using PPM and it is my first time using PPM so i could just be dong something wrong but im out of ideas at this point. im willing to try anything and if a video of the problem would help out more i can do that upon request.
Thanks -NIC

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Make sure the correct protocol is selected in beta flight that you are using. I also think with spectrum you have to select uart 3 to make the satelite receiver work. Someone will chime in on that I am sure but for now you could look it up on YT.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
There is a way to un brick it if you happened to take Uart 1 off USP. You or I will have to search the videos but it can be done with no need to buy new.

The EMAX Femto F3 flight controller board does not use UART1 for the usb it uses a seprate Port called USB VCP and from what i read it is more hassle than what it is worth to get the equipment and reflash the board

I think i have figured out my problem. I am using a PPM receiver and according to the diagram of the ports on the Femto F3 flight controller is as follows
http://www.yinyanmodel.com/upload/20161111/20161111094147991.pdf
however I was using the ports on the left side of the board in the diagram (on the board you receive with the babyhawk those ports are on the front of the board). So those ports are the SBUS and IBUS and satellite input ports. the PPM port is on the front of the board relative to the diagram (on the babyhawk it is the right side of the board). So I was using the wrong port and that would be the cause of my problems. Going back to the original post my problem was no receiver inputs on betaflight when the receiver was wired to the flight controller and bound to the transmitter. So being in the incorrect port makes complete sense. i will get a new board and test this theory and update from there!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The EMAX Femto F3 flight controller board does not use UART1 for the usb it uses a seprate Port called USB VCP and from what i read it is more hassle than what it is worth to get the equipment and reflash the board

The STM32 bootloader is stored in ROM, it cannot be bricked (quoted directly from Betaflight). Short the boot pins while plugging in the USB and you should be in bootloader mode and able to reflash, regardless of what you did in settings.