*Unofficial* FT Simple Cub

Archi_Tinker

Greetings all, I just finished my first FT build with a Tiny Trainer speed build kit. I'm working on a scratch build Simple Cub and scaled it down to fit the Glowforge laser cutter bed size at 12"x20". This ended up at 71.25% because 75% didn't quite fit and I didn't want to go all the way to 70%, go figure. Attached are the PDF files for everything but the main spar which is still bigger than the GF bed. Spar is 1.75" x 21" with 3/8" A-fold sides, so pretty easy to cut out by hand. I'm also posting the Illustrator file if you want to clean up more or adjust. I cut out today, will share more when I get to assembly and flight.

Attachments

• Simple Cub 71.25%.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Simple Cub1.ai
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

TooJung2Die

Master member
Greetings all, I just finished my first FT build with a Tiny Trainer speed build kit. I'm working on a scratch build Simple Cub and scaled it down to fit the Glowforge laser cutter bed size at 12"x20". This ended up at 71.25% because 75% didn't quite fit and I didn't want to go all the way to 70%, go figure. Attached are the PDF files for everything but the main spar which is still bigger than the GF bed. Spar is 1.75" x 21" with 3/8" A-fold sides, so pretty easy to cut out by hand. I'm also posting the Illustrator file if you want to clean up more or adjust. I cut out today, will share more when I get to assembly and flight.
Hope you post video of it flying. I built a scaled down Cub too: 77% Simple Cub
I made it 77% scale so the whole wing fit on a single sheet of Adams foamboard and I could use one of the 1806-2300KV motors I had on hand.