UPDATE to Westfoam,

grahamt

I have just tried and failed to remove the paper on my latest batch of foamboard. The previous batch, which I got from Fred Aldous in Manchester and was in a Westfoam box,worked a treat with the heat gun. This latest batch I got off an Amazon partner via Amazon, came in a plain box, though they assured me it is Westfoam. I have since found another discrepancy, the Fred Aldous board weighs 240 grams/A1 sheet, the Amazon board weighs 284grams/sheet. I can only conclude that one of these boards isn't Westfoam.
Has anybody tried the heat gun trick, did it work? and do you know for sure the make of the foamboard. Alternatively has anybody weighed an A1 sheet, if so what was the make of the one that weighed 240grams or likewise the 284gram board.
Many thanks
Graham

P.S. Fred Aldous board £4.00/sheet collected
Amazon board £2.50/sheet delivered (in lots of 10)

grahamt

Hi Thurmond
I would think so or I could cut a series of 50% deep cuts in order to get a smooth curve, but what I'm trying to find out is which make of foamboard I have had that weighed 239 grams/A1 sheet and was very easy to strip of paper with the heat gun. It's a lot easier than cutting and less messy than water and was very neat.
But thank you for your idea.

Graham

grahamt

Hi ianlh
Thanks very much for that. It's beginning to look like the Amazon foamboard isn't westfoam. Have you tried to remove the paper with a heat gun (or hairdryer) yet. Just curious to see if it came away as easily as mine did.

Graham

grahamt

To answer my own question, I have been out to Hobbycrafts today and bought 2 genuine westfoam foamboards for £7.00 and as "ianlh" says they do indeed weigh 240grams, furthermore, when a heat gun is applied the paper does come off.