Vortex 150 switch arms GOOD, but should I be able to disarm & rearm without power cyc

MarkFred

Vortex 150 switch arms GOOD, but should I be able to disarm & rearm without power cyc

So I've made great progress with my Vortex 150. I defined a arm switch on my Spektrum DX6e, which works as expected. However, in the following scenario I wonder if I have the correct expectation:

Power up transmitter
Power up quad
arm motors & take off

Then I do something stupid, which forces me to land (crash). Should I be able to disarm the motors, then rearm & take off????? I've found the only way to get going again is to:

Power down the quad
Power down the transmitter
Then power up & do.

Should I be able to just rearm & go?????
Thanks !

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
You should be able to re-arm and go as long as the quad isn't sitting at a fairly large angle. I think the default is 25 degrees, but that number can be configured or disabled.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Also remember you must have throttle stick at 0 before trying to rearm. I can't tell you how many times I panicked thinking I broke something early on from doing that.

On a side note. The Femto controller in the Gremlins will sometimes get all goofy and I can clear it by cycling modes and then it will rearm.

MarkFred

Just wanted to let you know that putting the throttle stick @ 0 before arming solved my problem. No issues, Thanks!