What app do you use for wind?

donalson

UAV forcast... only gives 24hr info but it seems to be spot on... you can pay an annual membership for it but I haven't done that yet... it gives some info that doesn't really matter for RC planes, but coveres everything that matters

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
The National Weather Service has a forecast tool that will give you an estimate. I've got a separate wind meter I use for real time surface winds.

tcalico

I use UAVForecast. it is on IOS and Android. i love it. has all the weather i need and then some as well as no fly zone maps and other cool stuff.
I’ve had good luck with this app too, it details wind speeds for several altitudes and can be set with “fly/no fly” warning based on the conditions chosen by the user.

Mach60

I like Windy. Its ground level winds from local sources on the ground. You can preset favorite locations and then look at direction, speed, gusts and temps for that specific location by the hour. I like having all of these other options listed here too!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
No need for an app, I use a weather rock, if is hanging straight down you can fly but if it's hanging straight out, its too windy.
If it's wet, its raining. If it's white, it's snowing. If it's hot, it's sunny. If you can't see it, it's foggy. if it's covered in ice, its sleeting.

It's never wrong.

1589556282413.png

Last edited:

SavageX89

I use the Windy app. I like that you not only get preditions and forecasts for the weather and wind, you can also see the real time weather of local stations around your area.

Sheriff

I go to this website: www.Windy.com

It is very reliable for my region. You can create a free account and program custom alerts and it will give you 2 days warning when calm air is coming your way so you can have you batteries charged. :)
Also, it gives a good Macro view of the weather, helping you understand the movement of the High/Low pressure area and equilibrium regions in-between them.

SavageX89

I go to this website: www.Windy.com

It is very reliable for my region. You can create a free account and program custom alerts and it will give you 2 days warning when calm air is coming your way so you can have you batteries charged. :)
Also, it gives a good Macro view of the weather, helping you understand the movement of the High/Low pressure area and equilibrium regions in-between them.

ooo! you can do alerts?? i need to set that up!