What Are You Bringing to Flite Fest '15?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
With Flite Fest less than a month away, we are trying to get all of our planes ready to go. My brother came over yesterday and I helped him tear down all the busted up combat planes from last fall. We have parts cut out for three new Bloody Barons for him and he had a few planes that just needed some minor repairs too.

20150613_173657.jpg

I've got a few combat planes of my own that are nearly ready to go.

20150613_173719.jpg

And a few others that are in various stages of the build process (except the Storch and HK Skipper which are flyable).

20150613_173739.jpg

Keegan was busy working on his Flitestick yesterday too. We are each planning on having one done before Flitefest.

20150613_210314.jpg

There are also 2 Baby Barons, a prototype Mini MkIII, and an AT-6 Texan that aren't in any of the pictures. We aren't going to have enough room to bring all these planes. And some of them will probably die in glorious combat before then anyway.

So, what are you bringing to Flite Fest '15?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Oh, and I can't forget nerdnic's Blue Baron and my prototype Blunt Nose Versa/Pun Jet Mashup too.

20150504_221908.jpg

20150614_112420.jpg

I will probably bring some of my E-Flite 280 models, My UMX Whipit, my Sport Cub S2, my FPV Bonsai, and I will probably build a FT3D before then. I will post pictures later but I don't have any on my computer at the moment. Will be cool to meet you guys at FF15!

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
WOW!!! That is a nice collection of planes. I will bring everyone that I can get ready before flite fest and even some that aren't quite ready yet.

Sorry no pics.

flyer, delta, nut ball, fogey, FT22, FT Spitfire, Bloody Wonder, Versa Wing, FT3D, SporTEA, Polly, Electrohub,

Then there are the hopefuls: Big Versa, F-15, KFM Wing, and a few Balsa to Foam conversions that I have been working on.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
WOW!!! That is a nice collection of planes. I will bring everyone that I can get ready before flite fest and even some that aren't quite ready yet.

Sorry no pics.

flyer, delta, nut ball, fogey, FT22, FT Spitfire, Bloody Wonder, Versa Wing, FT3D, SporTEA, Polly, Electrohub,

Then there are the hopefuls: Big Versa, F-15, KFM Wing, and a few Balsa to Foam conversions that I have been working on.

I hope your Kaos is one of them. Really interested to see that one.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
It will be now. The others are sure to please also. I think that if the cannonball fly's as well as I anticipate, it will make a great addition to the combat hangar.

Corbarrad

I'll probably stick to my plan to only pack a few changes of underwear and a few hundred dollars to spend in the vendors area.
I'm not a frequent flyer, but I've went through enough hassle with just my notebooks "and why do you carry two, sir?" and associated hardware that I'm not prepared to spend hours of my vacation (which is getting cut short because of my job anyway) explaining myself and what I carry.
Anyone in the market for a used dx6 on sunday..?

Timmy P

I'm excited to see some of the new planes everyone brings this year. That Pun wing looks cool. Ill be brining some of my new planes and a few Flite Test designs.. I have my new plane that I have plans for a Cessna 180. My Cessna T-50 Skyking. A FT Storch. and couple FT spitfires. yup one of them is a shark lol... I hope to paint the 2 today if the wind calms down a bit.. I have a handfull more I'll be bringing but didnt picture them. Some I want to sell if anyone needs cheap planes Ill have some to sell.

photo 1.JPG

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I am bringing two profile wwII warbirds, radian, whipit, ft flyer x2, bloody wonder, ft guinea pig, a mini cabbie and multiple mulitrotors. Ill be picking up my SBA Juggernaut and if I'm lucky SBA will get their shipment of the vortex and ill be flying that as well.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I spy a beta nnP-39 in that rack!

I'll be bringing some half built planes:

-nnChipmunk (set up for night flying)
-FT Spitfire 800mm
-nnP-39
-nnDLG

While at FF I'll build a MiG 3 and destroy all competitors with my Baron in combat.

Timmy P

-FT Spitfire 800mm
-nnP-39
-nnDLG

While at FF I'll build a MiG 3 and destroy all competitors with my Baron in combat.

Hey Nick do you know of anybody bringing a nnA-10 to FF? Thats a plane I want to see shredding the sky.. Hey I might see you at FF too who knows..

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
You betcha! Keegan has been mostly building that one. That one should be done for Flite Fest.

-FT Spitfire 800mm
-nnP-39
-nnDLG

I might ask you to let me fly that nnChipmunk during the weekend. I have the plans printed, but have been so busy with other designs/builds I haven't gotten to it yet.

As long as a Baron wins one of the combats, I don't care who's flying it, I'll be really happy!

Strix

Wow... it's getting close now! Less than a month to go. I wanted to make another Spitfire ("RST") but I probably won't have the time unless weather prevents a lot of flying in the coming weeks.

I'll be bringing my current two Spitfires, "Fargo Express" and "PA-944":

attachment.php

attachment.php

And my modified nnMiG-3 "Za Koozya":

attachment.php

I may bring a Bloody Wonder as well, but I may just build one at the event. Also looking to build a PunJet.

I'll also have my new Versa, which has 2 meters of LED strips inside and lights up really nice. And my 1S brushless Champ, which is five years old and is my oldest flying plane. Probably a couple other little things as well.

I fear that my Storch will not fit in the car. We'll see.

attachment.php

Sadly, "Detroit Miss" will not be able to attend a second Flite Fest, LOL.

attachment.php

CartCurt

My plan is to bring a Bloody Wonder MKII and 3 Bloody Wonder MK IIIs. I don't care if they come back home as long as the electronics make it. I will also bring parts and pieces to build something. I am really looking forward to combat. Both watching and participating. Mostly I am looking forward to meeting everyone and making new friends.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Lemme see . . .

Planes2Go.JPG

1. Versa wing (and lighted with the coolest lighting)
  2. A Mystery Glider (seriously -- EarthSciTeach has one of these too and we have no idea what kit it is. Flies nice though :) )
  3. Thunder Tiger E-Hawk (with lights)
  4. Pun jet (it's bite sized!)
  5. Flyzone Calypso (with lights and FPV pallet)
  6. The Day/Night-Glow Spitfire (an old faithful model that looks equally dazzling day or night . . . may touch up the paint first)
  7. 2x KK260 FPV quads (one beater to fly, one pristine to sell)
  8. Goldie the Bloody Wonder (for the NASBWACC)

Add on the support gear and Minion FPV and that's it . . . well except maybe for the other build gear . . . and the Kraken parts . . . and maybe a kayak . . . Not sure how I'm fitting everything else in as it is :eek:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Hey Nick do you know of anybody bringing a nnA-10 to FF? Thats a plane I want to see shredding the sky.. Hey I might see you at FF too who knows..

I think I remember someone saying they planned to bring an nnA-10 but now I can't remember who.. Hopefully we'll see one there.

If you're going to FF I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point :)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
You betcha! Keegan has been mostly building that one. That one should be done for Flite Fest.

I might ask you to let me fly that nnChipmunk during the weekend. I have the plans printed, but have been so busy with other designs/builds I haven't gotten to it yet.

As long as a Baron wins one of the combats, I don't care who's flying it, I'll be really happy!

You're welcome to try my Chip anytime! And the combat events are won by last standing right? I'll just load 5000+ mah worth in her and fly big circles until everyone else runs out of juice :)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Wow... it's getting close now! Less than a month to go. I wanted to make another Spitfire ("RST") but I probably won't have the time unless weather prevents a lot of flying in the coming weeks.

I'll be bringing my current two Spitfires, "Fargo Express" and "PA-944":

attachment.php

attachment.php

And my modified nnMiG-3 "Za Koozya":

attachment.php

I may bring a Bloody Wonder as well, but I may just build one at the event. Also looking to build a PunJet.

I'll also have my new Versa, which has 2 meters of LED strips inside and lights up really nice. And my 1S brushless Champ, which is five years old and is my oldest flying plane. Probably a couple other little things as well.

I fear that my Storch will not fit in the car. We'll see.

attachment.php

Sadly, "Detroit Miss" will not be able to attend a second Flite Fest, LOL.

attachment.php

Your birds are all beautiful! Amazing work man.

krinaman

Probably just a few UMX foamies and maybe a T-28. I plan on making a plane or two (or three) there and with vendors and my lack of self control when it comes to buying new planes I will likely buy something there as well. Basically I am loading light on the way there so I have room for more goodies on the way home.