What did you crash today

Maxstudio

Ft Pietenpol

Hit a cattle gate! second crash....first i crashed in a pasture and unfortunately knocked my camera off or i would have had great footage of me getting zapped by the electric fence when i went to retrieve it! LOL

cattle gate.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
What DIDN"T I crash today?? ;)

Providing entertainment to the n-th degree during an indoor fly last night:
CrashEm.jpg

Think a better question would be, "What didn't you crash today?"

I'm done with the fancy aluminum whoop frame. When you run into something and the prop guard bends, that's not a good thing. Going to be testing some 3D printed whoop designs...

Cheers!
LitterBug

daxian

Elite member
hi guys ....
second flite of the year ...off to a good start !
first flight .....
IMG_20170315_121110.jpg
wings clapped in a loop..

second flight ..a week later !!

P3260019.JPG

this was only minor damage from the branches as it attached itself to the tree

IMG_20170326_120148.jpg

hope things get better as the weather gets better....:rolleyes:

Liam B

Holy Sh#$!

What happened? It looks like the aftermath of a full afterburner, nose down, vertical landing!

I hope you are good at jigsaw puzzles!

Nice model to start with and such a sad fate.

Haha, yeah. Interesting story about that F-15. It was as underpowered as a single-engine Sea Duck! I tossed the thing up and barely got it off the ground. Then the engine cut out about 30 seconds in, and I couldn't see a thing in that bright sun.

Moral of the story: Don't buy jets from thrift stores! Although, I used the electronics on a few EDF scratch builds, until the fan literally ate itself.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Yeah, I've had my share of the underpowered ones as well. The newer Freewing and FMS jets are fantastic, but some of the older models (gen 1 FMS Alpha Jet) were so underpowered that they couldn't take off without a good headwind.. Sorry to see that it came to that though.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well, was not far from being a crash.
I should really try to make my flight controller and gps work, that could have made things much simpler.