What do you do, when the paper absolutly is not possible to tear off at foamboard?

leaded50

Legendary member
if that isnt removed at inner side when you roll the foamboard to a round shape as in "master-build-style", its very possible you get wrinkles and other dissortions.

I got a couple foamboards here where can forget remove the paper on one side, tried heated, ironed, rolled it eg.. it sticks :cautious:
What can you do?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I use rubbing alchohol to soften the paper and then it rubs off. (I would suggest using gloves if doing more then a small area)

leaded50

Legendary member
My solution tried who seems function, is use a wet/moisture coarse cloth and rub away, careful not get other side wet too. Water & scrubbing would dissolve the paper. Some tidious work though...

CustomRCMods

Elite member
I have pretty good luck with simply peeling it off, not sure which FB you all are using, I'm working with the Dollar Tree Adams Readi Board w/ Ease.

leaded50

Legendary member
im using a Scandinavian brand, and i got many boards from them, without any problem to tear off, but in the last ones 30% of the boards are "impossible" to get rid off paperside

CustomRCMods

Elite member
It really depends on the availability locally to where you are, but as you may know the Adams brand not only peels better, but is considerably lighter altogether for better performance, Its what the FT models were designed to be built with. Happy flying!