What FT Plane Should I Build?

WilliamsRC

I am trying to decide on which ft plane i should build and can't decide. I have considered the following:

ft alpha
ft cruiser
ft mini mustang
ft bronco

I would like to have a vote between the four and if I get 20 votes I will do a build log.

Pigfarm1403

Builder
Great question!

The best kind of plane to make is one that will fly no matter how many mistakes you make building it! I started with the simple soarer, I built it horribly but because of the fact that it was a glider it flew just fine anyway. The ft explorer is also a great first plane. That was my second on. The bronco is basically a version of the explorer so there is some compromise to that one. Hope this helps!

ewokshoter

Im loving my mini mustang. I modeled it after a real p51 called blondie. I used 2litre soda bottle plastic to make a clear canopy and threw together a teeny weeny foamboard cockpit to put a micro aio camera in.

Dbasile

How much build experience do you have? If this is your first DIY plane, I'm with pigfarm, that you want a more error-proof design. On the other hand, if you've already built 10 and are just looking for the best next plane, then a different choice might be right.

Also, what is it about each of these 4 that appeals to you?