What is the best FT plane to put LEDs in?

My buddy filled the spitfire with lights and it was okay but take more time and doing to make everything work for orientation and all that jazz. (red on left and green on right. thing like that) The spitfire is nice but have not seen anything better than the versa wing filled with 2 of these....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Control_Unit_US_Warehouse_.html?strSearch=led

Neighbors near the park still stop me today asking when i'll put one back in the air because they love the light show. I havent even flown one in 6 months. Been on a major quad kick.

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
IMG_20140725_213843_287.jpg
The Bloody Wonder works for me!...Had to get a little creative for the Vert. Stabs.

It also Makes a great Lamp for you FliteFest Canopy!(from 2014 FliteFest)
IMG_20140725_220606_487.jpg

The plane is almost 3 years old, been crashed a few times, been to 2 FliteFests, 2 Horizon indoors, NEFF, and in the water at the Horizon Indoor this past year...still flies great! (It's a bit heavier now, but flies great still!)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The spit is fun at night, but unless you do something clever on the tail it turns out looking like a flying "T".

I've also had good success with lighting a Storch, Vesa, and P-51. The Storch was one of my most elaborate -- color cycling lights in the fuse and wing, and LED Auto dome lights illuminating the tail:

The Storch aside, my versa builds have always come out the most consistent -- one long strip forward of the spar, one long strip aft. everything gets lit.

Last edited:

T-Richard

I had this plane for nearly a year. Had to hang it up tho, too many issues stopped flying like it used to.

Was a great plane and actually I am having the same issue. I am looking to replace it with bigger, faster and even brighter night flying design.

I am still undecided, Storch is an idea, so is the Racer. Even thought about 125% baby blender. I have a big motor and power setup currently in a much too heavy FT-3d so when I effectively kill it I'll get on the build.